Accessory plug on right side of faring

2linby

Has anyone installed a powerlet BMW style receptacle in place of the cigarette style accessory plug on either the left or right side yet?  Wanting to know if they powerlet will fit into the opening without having to buy one.  Thanks!  

[/img]

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy

Its common to swap the OEM unit for something else. I have a twin USB with voltmeter in the centre instead. I’m pretty sure they’re a standard size, but you can check easily by popping out the blank cover and measuring. I had to make the hole ever so slightly larger using a file, to make my unit fit, but that only takes a few minutes.

I also swapped sides as it made more sense for my tank bag connections, so that’s something else to consider when you’re doing this. Simply unplug the wiring and move it across.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
I have a twin USB with voltmeter in the centre instead.
Assuming you’re happy with the quality, do you have a link handy for the specific one you used? I want to do something similar, and have found a zillion variations scattered across the web...

Thanks in advance!

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Installed a Powerlet PSO-001 in the spare hole shortly after buying the bike. It's smaller than the stock opening so used a piece of abs to make a collar.

Did you wire it to the battery or did you parallel off the existing lighter socket?

Installed a Powerlet PSO-001 in the spare hole shortly after buying the bike. It's smaller than the stock opening so used a piece of abs to make a collar.
Did you wire it to the battery or did you parallel off the existing lighter socket?[span]    [/span] 

As referenced by piotrek, I used one of the available accessory connectors behind the dash. There are threads with photos of them, where to get connectors if you want to use the oem style, etc. 

Archived