2018 MotoAmerica Suzuki Championship at Road Atlanta

nsmiller

Tomorrow the FJ-09 and the FJR set out from Kansas City to head down to Atlanta for the first MotoAmerica race of the year. This is somewhat of a test run for our Alaska trip which is planned for the last two weeks of July.

I literally just finished performing a valve adjustment on the FJR, in which I did have to change one shim (which means camshaft removal), so hopefully I put everything back together right and she runs fine down to Atlanta. So far so good.

We will be tent camping on the infield of the Road Atlanta track. About 850 miles each way. Anyone else attending the races this weekend? 

Suzuki Championship at Road Atlanta

Pictures of bikes, almost finished packing:

DSC04638.jpg

DSC04639.jpg

• Supporting Member
This is somewhat of a test run for our Alaska trip which is planned for the last two weeks of July. 

Trip to Alaska? you are a braver man than I am.  I know several who have made that trek North and have heard their "war stories" (ride reports), - that trip is no joke.  Good luck. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
This is somewhat of a test run for our Alaska trip which is planned for the last two weeks of July. 

Trip to Alaska? you are a braver man than I am.  I know several who have made that trek North and have heard their "war stories" (ride reports), - that trip is no joke.  Good luck.
betony, you are half way there. I did the Alaska ride from Oklahoma, up to a V Strom rally in The Dalles, OR, then on up to Alaska. Best trip I've ever taken. Started off by myself and hooked up with a couple of youngsters from Vancouver in Stewart-Hyder. We stuck together as far as Coldfoot, and one of the guys wanted to push on to Deadhorse. Did the 66th parallel at age 66. Great fun! 

Tomorrow the FJ-09 and the FJR set out from Kansas City to head down to Atlanta for the first MotoAmerica race of the year. This is somewhat of a test run for our Alaska trip which is planned for the last two weeks of July. 
I literally just finished performing a valve adjustment on the FJR, in which I did have to change one shim (which means camshaft removal), so hopefully I put everything back together right and she runs fine down to Atlanta. So far so good.

We will be tent camping on the infield of the Road Atlanta track. About 850 miles each way. Anyone else attending the races this weekend? 

Suzuki Championship at Road Atlanta

Pictures of bikes, almost finished packing:

DSC04638.jpg

DSC04639.jpg

One of you all was at the race... 
Full ride report to come. 0ac2a0f06bb5a671e2c2412689ad0ef8.jpg

Archived