Suggestions for bright led running/turn signals?

Did you change your turn signals to led's? I am looking for bright led/running lights. Prefer something that faces front (and side if possible). I will only get flush mount if I get indicators for handguards.
2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

Looks clean. From the video the turn signals don't seem bright or have very good angle of view though.
2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

I replaced the orange lenses with clear, and installed orange/white switchback LED bulbs. Excellent results... actually had to tone down the running white with a 50 ohm resistor. Turn function is very pronounced with the switchback.
Interesting. Where did you get clear lens? Those bulbs would work well in a slimmer enclosure with more side illumination.

• Premium Member
Inexpensive amber LED "Bulbs" with low-load solid state turn signal relay. Total cost maybe $30 and 20 minutes. Bright as heck. Also added amber LED side panel light strips, auxiliary red Knight Rider type brake light strip in back edge of Shad top case rack, and LED driving lights on the Givi case guards.

Has anybody used the Yamaha Rear LED turn signals that are on the Yamaha.ca or .com website?
Do they work as running lights AND turn signals? How is the brightness?

The reason I ask is that they specifically say they can be used for the front but will not work as running lights in the front. The rear turn signals work as running lights so will the rear led lights work as running lights?

Inexpensive amber LED "Bulbs" with low-load solid state turn signal relay. Total cost maybe $30 and 20 minutes. Bright as heck. Also added amber LED side panel light strips, auxiliary red Knight Rider type brake light strip in back edge of Shad top case rack, and LED driving lights on the Givi case guards.
Do you have a link for the bulbs and relay?  Love to see pics of the side panel too. 

• Premium Member
Bear in mind I bought a used set of oem front turn signals and installed them in the rear, including tapping into the front TS turn signal positive so they have running and turn functions.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-920-Lumens-7443-50W-High-Power-LED-Amber-Yell-ow-Turn-Signal-Light-Bulbs-/332051331287?hash=item4d4fcd38d7

You need to change one pin position in the relay plug to match the oem plug.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-2Pin-Electronic-Flasher-Relay-Fix-LED-Turn-Signal-Light-Flash-Motorcycle-/391696983154?hash=item5b32f5a472

20170616_192201.jpg20170616_192210.jpg20170616_192224.jpg

20170626_185834.jpg20170626_194917.jpg20170626_195543.jpg20170626_195620.jpg

20160825_091642.jpg20160825_151020.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Can you adjust the brightness of the Highspeedtech Photons down a little bit?

I think the solution I am going to go with is this:

1) Yamaha LED rear turn signals on my custom semi-tail tidy which I am hoping works with my side cases AND also use the turn-signal functionality of my Custom LED rear tail-light.
2) Photon or similar side LED blinkers flush mount on the fairing.
3) Stock oem, Acerbis or Bark Buster Hand Guards with LED's turn signals.

Hand guard turn signals will allow better visibility from the front.
Photon flush mount signals will allow better visibility from the side given my side cases.

Overall hoping to come up with a custom solution that works for me.

Archived