APS and throttle body synch: in any order?

BBB

The next two jobs on my list are to take the tank off and do the APS adjustment and check the throttle bodies are synchronised. So, my question is: is there a particular order that is best i.e. APS first then synch, or vice-versa? Or are the systems independent and it doesn’t matter?

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Thanks @piotrek, for the clear explantion. That confirms my own view but I always like to check with folk who are wiser than myself.

I don’t have poor idle but just want to check both when the tank is off. The bike just doesn’t feel as quick to accelerate but I strongly supect that this is me being used to how it performs and my own shift in expectations.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Also just to put it out there, valve clearances should be checked and corrected if necessary BEFORE doing a TB sync.

Many of us are approaching or beyond the first recommended inspection interval. Based on recent threads and my own bike I personally would recommend getting valve clearances checked anywhere after 20k miles, not waiting for the 26k mark.

Carbon build up in the Throttle Plates and TB’s can affect both the sync and APS/TPS adjustment, just so you’re aware.

-Skip T

Archived