Tracer GT Curious

I've taken an interest in this bike of late. I own an '04 and '15 FJR. I've just had a knee replaced and while the physical terrorist isn't done yet the extra 15 degrees of freedom and roughly 200 lb diet are looking pretty interesting. I'm pretty short though and this is taller. Anyhow I'll be lurking about listening to what you're all saying. Have fun!

I've taken an interest in this bike of late. I own an '04 and '15 FJR. I've just had a knee replaced and while the physical terrorist isn't done yet the extra 15 degrees of freedom and roughly 200 lb diet are looking pretty interesting. I'm pretty short though and this is taller. Anyhow I'll be lurking about listening to what you're all saying. Have fun!
You can lower them fairly easily although I don't recommend it. I am able to flat foot it with the seat in the low position but generally only put one foot down when stopping.. the biggest problem with being on a tall bike is backing it up.. as I'm guessing you probably already know.

Hope we are of help.. enjoy the forum.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I’m 5ft6in and have a 900gt. 

I bought the low seat option and I find it easy to handle. Even with the standard seat it’s fine.

Both feet down I’m on the balls of my feet, but stopping with one foot down I’m pretty flat footed. As mentioned, it’s tough to push back, but you can always jump off and push it!

Try a test ride. Like me, I’m sure you’ll love it :)

Vic

I'm 5"6' inseam of 29' and like Vic I'm on the balls of my feet/ tip toes with both feet down, flat footed with one foot and a very. very, slight lean of the bike (standard seat in the low position).

I find normal riding isn't an issue, 'padding' the bike around whilst sitting on it requires some concentration, but as long as you aren't on a loose/ sketchy surface it is fine.

As Vic says, take one out for a test ride and until you get used to it just avoid any steep cambers when stopping. The way the tank/ seat is sculpted and the way the bike carries it's weight helps no end for those of us who are 'vertically challenged'.

Try one, I'm sure you'll get on fine.

Cheers
Steve

Looking forward to seeing the difference between the standard and low seat on Saturday when I see you Vic.

• Premium Member
I'm 5'9" / 175cm. With thick-soled boots on, I can flat foot in the standard seat position, and nearly so in the higher seat position (which I use once in a while; it makes the bike feel pretty different, and it's way cheaper than getting a new bike!).

On sketchy surfaces or steep hills (San Francisco has a few), I can handle it, but I wouldn't want to be too much shorter.

Archived