• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Hello from NE Ga

so I have asked a few questions, and talked with several of you so I thought I wold finally introduce myself.

I bought my FJ on May 5th, it was a birthday to me present.  I live in NE Atlanta.   I have been riding since I was a boy, but took some time off when I moved to Atlanta and am very happy I got the FJ.   It wasn't even on my radar at 1st simply because I didn't know about it.  I have the 2017 White and love it, and will soon be getting luggage, which you can tell, I am torn.

Anyway, thanks for the great site and being great people.

Steve

• Supporting Member
Welcome Steve, I love the 2017 white model.
A lot of the earlier model quirks have been addressed and ironed out on the 2017. I still recommend you check the chain slack, dont go by the manual, set it at 1-1.25" and get a radiator guard to help prevent getting stranded with a leak from flying road debris.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
Welcome Steve, I love the 2017 white model. A lot of the earlier model quirks have been addressed and ironed out on the 2017. I still recommend you check the chain slack, dont go by the manual, set it at 1-1.25" and get a radiator guard to help prevent getting stranded with a leak from flying road debris.
Not sure if this is still true, but on the 2015 models, the oil pan screw is the low point on the bike. This makes the oil pan the part that takes the brunt of bottoming out, especially if you are riding off-road. I ended up changing my oil pan screw with the Volkswagen oil pan screw, as it has the same thread, but has a flat torx head. 
Just a precautionary piece of information, and if anyone knows if/when Yamaha changed this, please chime in......

Welcome Steve, I love the 2017 white model. A lot of the earlier model quirks have been addressed and ironed out on the 2017. I still recommend you check the chain slack, dont go by the manual, set it at 1-1.25" and get a radiator guard to help prevent getting stranded with a leak from flying road debris.
Not sure if this is still true, but on the 2015 models, the oil pan screw is the low point on the bike. This makes the oil pan the part that takes the brunt of bottoming out, especially if you are riding off-road. I ended up changing my oil pan screw with the Volkswagen oil pan screw, as it has the same thread, but has a flat torx head. 
Just a precautionary piece of information, and if anyone knows if/when Yamaha changed this, please chime in......
The oil drain plug location was changed in the middle of the 2016 MY run.  Early 2016 models (like mine) had the oil drain plug at the bottom of the oil pan, whereas later 2016 models and onward have the oil drain plug on the front side of the oil pan.

• Premium Member
The oil drain plug location was changed in the middle of the 2016 MY run.  Early 2016 models (like mine) had the oil drain plug at the bottom of the oil pan, whereas later 2016 models and onward have the oil drain plug on the front side of the oil pan.
Thanks trokarr!

Archived