GT900 - Anyone seen the Puig touring screen yet?

Hi All,

Has anyone seen the Puig touring screen for the GT900 yet?

The Puig UK website allows you to order one, but the only 'picture' shown is a design/ line drawing, I really would like to see one (to compare to the MRA screen) before I decide which to buy.

Has anyone from a market outside the UK got any pictures they can share or is it still too early?

Cheers
Steve

Piotrek,

Does it solve the turbulence issues? Speaking to Vic who owns the MRA screen (without the vario lip) he says that it is only a little better than the stock screen.

The Puig one looks tall, does it move a lot with the wind/ vibration of the road?

What is your opinion of the Puig version?

Cheers
Steve

I have the Puig Touring Windscreen, as well, on my 2017 FJ, and it's absolutely fantastic. I don't think there's another aftermarket screen I'd prefer besides this one. Having seen the 2019 in-person (local dealer had two, although one was gone by the time I got there to pick up my bike after initial servicing), looking at it, I can confirm that it does, in fact, appear to be the same mounting hole positions, thus the Puig Touring Windscreen for the 14-17 FJ-09 should fit without any problems. However, I do see one possible "problem", as minor as it might be.

Due to the shorter bar length, the outer handguard pieces (even if used with the brackets Puig includes to move the outer handguard pieces further outward) might hit the windscreen. So, if installing on the 2019 Tracer GT, you might need to completely remove the outer handguard pieces...either that, or just replace the stock handguards worth something different (such as Barkbusters).

Archived