Hello from Derby UK

korben

Hello all

Put down my deposit on the Tracer last weekend.  Just spoken to my garage and they've said I'm probably looking at the first week in April before I'll get my hands on it.

Bit of a downer as the insurance on my current bike (Honda Hornet F4 600) runs out on Sunday so it looks like I won't be riding for a few weeks!!

Steve

;)Welcome Steve!
Congrats on your new bike! What colour did you decide on? Naturally, the fastest one!
Bugger you have wait. Guess we all have at some stage!
Selected any options? Leave it stock for now & then farkle it later perhaps?
At least you'll be coming into spring shortly!
Cheers,
Steve

Thanks!!

Gone for the grey one in the end. I was looking at the Race Blu, but I couldn't get over the front forks being a different blue to the wheels. Didn't look right to me.

It's staying standard initially, although I'm looking at the radiator cover... I've experienced a holed radiator on a bike and it's a lot of hassle and expense!!

In the long run though, a little protection if I drop it, panniers and probably a few other little bits... Maybe at some point the full Akrapovic exhaust system. I've heard one on the MT-09 and it sounded violent in all the right ways!! :-)

Garage told me that sometimes they come in a little earlier than expected, so keeping my fingers crossed for that!!

Hi Steve, not nice having to wait - I had about the same wait, only difference is mine had apparently been in the shop for a few weeks - just as well as I hadn't gone down to look at the Grey one which had come in after I ordered one in Red and agonise if I had made the right choice and be told there's your bike over there just have to wait till the 2nd March.
Lots of Steve's owning this bike ;)

• Premium Member
Hello all 
Put down my deposit on the Tracer last weekend.  Just spoken to my garage and they've said I'm probably looking at the first week in April before I'll get my hands on it.

Bit of a downer as the insurance on my current bike (Honda Hornet F4 600) runs out on Sunday so it looks like I won't be riding for a few weeks!!

Steve
I wouldn't let the insurance lapse on the Hornet as you will not have any theft cover - renew your insurance & enjoy the Hornet for a month as it's a great bike
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I agree mate... The MOT and TAX run out before the end of the month as well though. Don't want to pay all that just for another month.

I'm keeping her and am going to turn her into a little project bike. Basically to strip it down and rebuild her back to original as much as possible.

As you say it's a great bike and they are solidly built. To be honest other than a few cosmetic bits their isn't much wrong with it.

My plan is that once the insurance expires, she's going up on her paddock stands and I'm removing the wheels and battery and putting them in the house. If anyone tries to nick it, they'll have to carry it!! :-)

• Premium Member
Decided I couldn't live a month without the bike so I've just got an extra couple of 2 weeks insurance added on which takes me up until the 22nd March. 
The MOT runs out on the 23rd.

and sense prevails!
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 4 weeks later...
Got my spade out and dug up my old thread...  A lot of new starters on here which I'm liking!!

Picking my bike up on Friday 3rd April.  This has been a long long month!!

My new baby!!

IMG_2757.jpg

My baby with some ugly dude (Me) sat on it.

IMG_2761.jpg

So far purchased the radiator cover...   A few other bits will be purchased in the next few months I'm sure.  Need to get some touring done!!

• Premium Member
So a ride down to the H Cafe near Oxford on Easter Monday would be an ideal ride to get some of those 600 miles on the clock...

Archived