new member from ol blighty.

johnakay

Hiya all 
currently I own a tracer 700 but later in the year I'll be upgrading to a 900.
so in the meantime please bare with me if I ask what seem silly questions as I go along.
yes I'm an old (young in mind) git 66 coming up to 67. ;)

Welcome from another Brit who has recently joined the forum after getting my GT900.

If you are local, a few of us have met up at the Cafe at The Old Warden Aerodrome. Check out the European sub forum for our next meet.

Enjoy the forum
Cheers
Steve

For the rider with both the 700 and the 900, what would you think of an 80 year old trading in my FJ/09 for XSR 700 for even less weight and tourque lower in rpm?
depends on what you want to do with the motorcycle... both bikes are almost the same speed and time to the 1/8 mile... I love em both, the FJ-09 is more suited for long distance vs the FZ-07... I dont care for long distance on the freeway so that's outta the question to sit in one spot for hours... the FZ-07 is a naked bike so its gonna expose you to wind/elements more than the FJ-09... 2up and cargo utilization is superior to the FZ-07... stock suspension on FJ-09 is far better than the FZ-07... but both bikes are set to handle a 120# coed suspension wise... FZ-07 will be tiring to ride at 80mph all day vs the FJ-09... 
in all honesty the FJ-09 is my go to bike for just about everything...the FZ-07 is for the odd day I wanna ride it, a friend wants to borrow it or whatnot... 

I have my FZ-07 stripped down and modded out pretty good... its now an HP-07( Hordpower Airbox) that tips the scales at 375# and puts down 80whp/51tq ( tuned and piped FZ-07 only puts down 69hp/46tq)... the FJ-09 is 440#( w/ aftermarket exhaust and full Higdonion Cage/upper crash bars)and puts down 120whp/65tq
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• 2 weeks later...

Archived