New UK member

blue42

Hi All I've just puck up my new Tracer 900GT yesterday, after spending months test riding all sorts of makes and models I was very impressed with the ride from the GT900, it was just what my missis and I was looking for, a very comfortable riding and passenger positions, this is only my 2nd ever Yamaha I have ever owned the first been a FF1E LOL a long long time ago, I live in Yorkshire and regularly attend the Squires Coffee Bar(or squires milk bar) which was originally at Sherburn in Elmet but now is situated at Newthorpe just outside Sherburn, might see some of you there?
Cheers Gary

Welcome blue42 always great to see another UK member joining up.

I'd be interested to hear what your Wife thinks of the pillion comfort of the GT (I've only heard negative things about it beibg a 'two-up' bike. so it would be good to get a first-hand (sort of) viewpoint.

Cheers
Steve

Hi All
We had our first good ride out yesterday we my missis on the back and we were out for about 4 hours, we rode from our house near Selby out to Stafford bridge and on to Bridlington and back and the extra comfort seat is the bee's knee's.
She was very happy with how comfortable it was and the extra height is just enough to help her see over me.
Gary

Welcome, blue42! In terms of passenger comfort, my wife thinks my 2017 FJ-09 is the most comfortable bike I have owned, and she had pillion experience on my 2012 Super Tenere, 2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio, 1999 Kawasaki C10 Concours, 1987 BMW R100RS, 1990 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide, and 1982 Yamaha Virago. I should add that I replaced the stock saddle with a Sargent seat, which is awesome!
Cheers,
Bruce

Archived