FJ-09 Availability with heated grips and saddle bags

My local dealer thinks it may be July before he can deliver a FJ-09 with both heated grips and Yam optional saddle bags.

Has anyone actually taken delivery of such a beast, or gotten a firm delivery date?

Thanks

Paul

2009 FZ6R
2008 DR650

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My local dealer thinks it may be July before he can deliver a FJ-09 with both heated grips and Yam optional saddle bags.  
Has anyone actually taken delivery of such a beast, or gotten a firm delivery date?

Thanks

Paul

2009 FZ6R
2008 DR650

What country ?

I bought mine in January.  Dealer ordered the accessories from Yamaha then, put them on in Feb and bike is waiting for me to pick it up.  I ordered yam heated grips, yam side cases, yam top case, backrest.  From what I know the dealer got everything in a few days after they were ordered.

Purchased in Canada BTW.

I got my FJ-09 about 3 weeks ago. Side Cases (and mounts and locks) just picked up yesterday. Still waiting on the heated grips.

Apparently, they would have been here sooner, but there was a strike at the Port of Los Angeles and they were sitting on the boat.

California (San Jose)

I had planned to have the dealer install the grips with my 600 mile service.  The dealer just quoted me a two week wait for my 600 mile service, so I may just do it myself.

The heated grips are on back order from Yamaha as I tried to order a set yesterday. At least a month out but that's not a worry for me as I won't pick bike up till end of April. I imagine the dock strike has affected the motorcycle accessory availability from the far East.

Thanks for the update on heated grips.

IMO when stuffs on back order and they say things like "at least a month out," the actual delivery date is pretty questionable - it could be May or June. Not good for someone like me in Northern Ohio

Paul

I bought my FJ 09 (red) in early January.  I had the hard bags installed about 3 weeks ago and the heated grips and accessory electrical outlet last week.  The dealer had ordered the top case for me and it came in yesterday. It holds a full face helmet.  The hard bags and the matching top case are a great looking combination. 

G8r

For the record I purchased red FJ-09 with saddle bags install March 12, 2015.

At the same time ordered FJ-09 Grip Heater p/n 2PP-H29A0-V0-00, per parts counter girl it is on back order from Yamaha - nevertheless, she gave me estimated delivery date of the end of March. We'll see.

Paul

Same-o here in Col. Ordered bags and heated grips a month ago,,,, bags are in, so I am told,,, but no heated grips in yet…. sucks on Yamahas side. You would think they'd fly them in,, in a 24 hr time frame and ship to dealers from there. These bikes are selling so come-on Yamaha ,,, how about some support!!

Archived