FJ-09 Availability with heated grips and saddle bags

Looks like I may have just picked up one of the few sets of heated grips left now. Just collected a set I ordered last week. Parts rep says they are now back ordered.
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like I may have just picked up one of the few sets of heated grips left now. Just collected a set I ordered last week. Parts rep says they are now back ordered.
I think we both bought in Ottawa, ON, Canada. I ordered my heated grips when I put the deposit on my FJ-09 on Jan 10. On Jan 15 I picked up the bike and the heated grips.

But I haven't yet installed my heated grips. Figured I should probably ride the bike before installing anything electrical. Had the bike 9 weeks now, still haven't ridden it! :'( I've probably sat on it 100 times.  :)  Long range weather forecast shows possibility on snow right up to March 30th. That means more salt on the roads. >:D

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

• 3 weeks later...
I bought mine with the saddlebags. Same runaround as most everyone else on the heated grips. Good thing for me is, my spare bike has heated grips, so my fragile little handsies won't get cold. At least on the palm side. Still haven't run it down the road yet. I'm itching to see the differences between the FJ and my GS. The other backorder story I am getting is for the engine guards. I have the GB covers and the back rack, but I'm getting the same backorder story for the guards.

Grips arrived !! got a call from dealer last week that hted grips arrived so I brought the bike in and they installed as per original contract. Picked up the bike Thursday nite and have not had the chance to try them out yet . Rode my Beemer Sat norm in 38 deg temps so had those grips on, but now temps are rising so will see how all goes this week with a few AM commutes. Safe riding all! RMH

• 2 weeks later...
I put my deposit down for the FJ on Feb 18. The dealer had to order it because I wanted the red one and I told them to get the Side Cases for it to. The bike arrived in Georgia, from Seattle in 5 days as did the cases and locks but the lower mounting bracket was on back order. I was told the bracket would be in by the end of March. Then I was told it would be here by the end of April. Called today, April 14, and was told they should be shipped by May 15...4 days AFTER I return home from my planned trip to NC on the FJ. I’m so mad right now. I bought the bike for medium to long distance touring and sporting fun once I get to my destination but now I guess I might as well strap a tail-bag to my Shiver and do the trip. At least then I will get to listen to that beautiful song of the V-Twin+Akrapovic. >:D

• Premium Member
Called my dealer today & was told by parts manager that Yamaha was releasing the heated grips from back order on 4th of May
Mine had quoted me a ship date if I think 4/27, and 4/24 for the hard bags.  Of course they said 4/7 for the frame sliders, which haven't shown up, so I suppose you can take those dates with a grain of salt.
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

Just got a call, my grips and sliders are in. Haven't rolled a bike out of the garage yet, nevermind down the road. Something I plan to remedy first thing in the morning. All those unfinished projects on the workbench can now wait until next winter. It's time for those four little words. Drop it, let's ride.

I am too awaiting for the heated grips, frame sliders and the mounts for my saddlebags which I've had for a couple of weeks. I didn't have an ETA for the bag mounts, but my grips and sliders are supposed to arrive some time the end of the month. I'm just crossing my fingers. you would think that mounts would come with the bags automatically...

Archived