Kentucky's Bourbon Trail

bigorangecntry07

Here's a quick recap of my recent ride through KY from Nashville hitting a few bourbon distilleries along the way.... And just to preface this, the group of guys I ride with a lot of the time have organized this 3 times in the last 4 years, and I've been on every one. So some of the ones we went to this time around may not always be the top of the list of places to go to if you're going for the first time. Bikes on the trip included my FJ-09, a Super T, Triumph Bonneville, BMW K1200t, a rented Harley something or other, and a Honda Shadow 750 aero!

Places we hit this trip: Evan Williams in DT Louisville, KY; Wild Turkey in Lawrenceburg, KY; Town Branch in DT Lexington, KY; and Castle & Key just south of Frankfort, KY.

Previous years: Barton 1792, Heaven Hill, Willet, Jim Beam, Stitzel-Weller, Kentucky Artisans Distillery, Buffalo Trace, Four Roses, Woodford, and Makers Mark!

We covered roughly 650-700 miles from Friday-Sunday on this ROUTE . Friday was straight rain for 200 miles (tons of fun), Saturday was a bit colder but pleasant after a day full of rain, and Sunday was spotty showers with A LOT of wind... 

Bourbon-Trail-Map.jpg

Some photo highlights:
IMG-7693.jpg

IMG-7618.jpg

IMG-7635.jpg

IMG-7628.jpg

IMG-7656.jpg

IMG-7651.jpg

IMG-7650.jpg

IMG-7642.jpg

IMG-7644.jpg

IMG-7647.jpg

IMG-7636.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Looks like fun! Have you been down to the George %$@#el distillery? I drove a rental car down there a couple months ago and the GPS routed me down some phenomenal single-lane roads. It would be more fun on a motorcycle.

Edit: hilarious that the name of a distillery got censored by the forum.

Looks like fun! Have you been down to the George %$@#el distillery? I drove a rental car down there a couple months ago and the GPS routed me down some phenomenal single-lane roads. It would be more fun on a motorcycle. 
Edit: hilarious that the name of a distillery got censored by the forum.
HA! Yes of course! They are now on a Tennessee whiskey trail that started up just a year or two ago. But I've been to most in the Middle Tennessee area: Jack Daniels, George D, Greenbrier, H Clark, Lieper's Fork, Short Mountain, Corsair... but yes Lynchburg / Tullahoma area has some nice riding! 

Archived