• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Ivan's Performance ECU reflash for the GT

bikerdup

I suspect that some of you may know of Ivan's Performance Products.  Ivan is a highly regarded tuner from upstate NY.  I ran his TRE on my Hayabusa and was enormously pleased.  Turns out he just relocated from NY to Greenville, SC and his new shop is 10 minutes from my house.  I stopped in to meet him and inquire about a reflash.  At this time he has not developed the maps for the 2019 GT.  The ECU is different from the base Tracer and also different from all previous models of the Yamaha '09 series.  Development of the map will require him to purchase the ECU, physically cut it open to access the components and then back engineer the baseline files.  From there new maps can be created.  As with all business decisions, I anticipate his decision to do/not do this will be demand driven.  

So if you are interested in performance tuning for your GT, let Ivan know.  All of his contact info is on his website at www.ivansperformanceproducts.com

I will stay in touch with him and let everyone know if the reflash becomes available.

I have his ECU reflash for my Ninja 1000 and it is brilliant!! Super smooth throttle response and more power right where it is needed. I am planning on purchasing a Tracer 900 GT in the spring of 2019 after I sell my ZX6R and hope he will soon have a reflash for the GT. Guess I will need to put a bug in his ear, and suggest all on this forum do the same. I know several riders of different bikes who have been Ivans customers and all were beyond pleased with his work.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

Archived