Handlebar positions?

Bimbim18

They are mounted in the way to be closer to the rider from factory.

Honda CB600F Hornet 2008; KTM LC4 640 SM Prestige 2007; Kawasaki Z1000 2007; Honda CB1000R 2010; BMW R1200GS 2010; Yamaha Tracer 900GT 2018; Yamaha TDM900 2002; Kawasaki KLX230 2020; KTM 690 Enduro R 2022: Bold = current

15 minutes ago, krucymucy said:

They are mounted in the way to be closer to the rider from factory.

Ah ya, I just went outside and looked closer. Your right. I just gotta get used to the stretch lol. The bikes a lil big for me but OMG I'm lovin' every minute!

24 minutes ago, Bimbim18 said:

New owner of a '19 Tracer 900 GT

In the owner's manual it says there are 2 handlebar positions.

I am guessing the second is turning the risers 180 degrees?

Has anyone done this?

I'm a shorter guy so if it brings it closer it'd be worth it for me.

Yes... turning the risers makes the difference.. @krucymucyis correct. They are generally mounted closer to the rider from the factory.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Bimbim18 said:

Ah ya, I just went outside and looked closer. Your right. I just gotta get used to the stretch lol. The bikes a lil big for me but OMG I'm lovin' every minute!

It is a very tall bike, it's a long way from the top of the seat to the ground!  The seat has two positions, make sure yours is on "low".

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

17 minutes ago, runnerhiker said:

It is a very tall bike, it's a long way from the top of the seat to the ground!  The seat has two positions, make sure yours is on "low".

It is!

I bought it and picked it up in the morning (roads still wet from a pouring rain. Saw 5 accidents in the 10 miles to the dealer.... not riding a new bike in that)

I think the salesman was expecting me to just grab the keys and go. He waited very patiently while I adjusted the seat, adjusted the rear preload, then broke out my rachet and caliper and adjusted front preload.

I can barely touch ground with my boots on and I literally have to climb to get on it.

Very different from my Honda Shadow which had like a 24 in" ride height lol

Doesn't matter while i'm rollin' though!

Archived