Hi from Florida!

Bimbim18

Just bought a '19 Tracer GT.

Found this forum about 6 months ago (was there a recent forum merge?) as I have been drooling over the MT07 for over a year.

A lil about me:

I've been riding only about 2 1/2 years, but as a daily driver. 14k my 1st year, 13k my second year. Daily commutes made me realize very different needs from most people's weekend rides on their garage kept toys vs something you actually use every day. After drooling over the MT07 and researching all of my needed accessories (bags, top box, windshield) I started looking into it's bigger brother, the MT09. The added power would definitely be welcome as I often have an extra passenger and my last  bike was definitely noticeably more sluggish with the extra weight (I drop off my son daily on my bike...... he is now slightly bigger than me. I weigh 145 lbs, he weighs 150)

Then I came across the Tracer 900 GT. for not much more money (granted a lot more than I originally planned to spend) it was literally everything I wanted. MT07, with more power, bags, improved suspension, windshield and (gasp) easily adjustable preloads!

I am loving every minute of it! (Quite different from my '03 Honda Shadow I just sold)

I still have not rode with a passenger on it as I am still adjusting to the bike and the fact that I can't flatfoot on it, but he hopped on Pillion on it yesterday with me to feel it out. Its way roomier for both of us (Before I kinda felt like 2 guys squished in a clown car) and I am very sure the bike won't struggle to move anymore lol.

I love this bike so far!

On 12/8/2018 at 8:55 AM, Bimbim18 said:

Just bought a '19 Tracer GT.

Found this forum about 6 months ago (was there a recent forum merge?) as I have been drooling over the MT07 for over a year.

A lil about me:

I've been riding only about 2 1/2 years, but as a daily driver. 14k my 1st year, 13k my second year. Daily commutes made me realize very different needs from most people's weekend rides on their garage kept toys vs something you actually use every day. After drooling over the MT07 and researching all of my needed accessories (bags, top box, windshield) I started looking into it's bigger brother, the MT09. The added power would definitely be welcome as I often have an extra passenger and my last  bike was definitely noticeably more sluggish with the extra weight (I drop off my son daily on my bike...... he is now slightly bigger than me. I weigh 145 lbs, he weighs 150)

Then I came across the Tracer 900 GT. for not much more money (granted a lot more than I originally planned to spend) it was literally everything I wanted. MT07, with more power, bags, improved suspension, windshield and (gasp) easily adjustable preloads!

I am loving every minute of it! (Quite different from my '03 Honda Shadow I just sold)

I still have not rode with a passenger on it as I am still adjusting to the bike and the fact that I can't flatfoot on it, but he hopped on Pillion on it yesterday with me to feel it out. Its way roomier for both of us (Before I kinda felt like 2 guys squished in a clown car) and I am very sure the bike won't struggle to move anymore lol.

I love this bike so far!

Hey, sorry we missed your intro. Welcome to the Tracer 900 forum! Ive been slammed with the forum changeover and everyone else has been distracted with learning how to use all the new features of the new forum. 

Congrats on your new GT. Start a member album in gallery, name it after your user name ( username's album). 

Archived