New Tracer GT owner in the Finger Lakes Region of NY

motopumps

• Premium Member

Greetings!  Just traded my '15 FJR 1300 ES on a '19 Tracer GT.  I am sure I will miss the FJR, but I won't miss the extra 150 lbs.

Will be picking the bike up in about two weeks.  Have added FJR color matched bags to the deal and will be selling the stock "city" cases as new take-offs if anyone is interested.

Here is the new steed, awaiting its new home.

IMG_8044-X2.jpg

Can't wait for an early spring!

To dos:  

GPS mount

Windshield

LED Aux lights

Miles!

Ride Safe-

Rob

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Have the stock Raven cases (pictured above before being removed by the dealer) for sale on eBay and ADV (for $100 less)  

adv_og_logo.png
ADVRIDER.COM

Just bought a '19 Tracer GT and decided to splurge and get a set of FJR bags for it with the deeper lids (31 L capacity). The stock FJ-09 and Tracer...

Thanks!

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, motopumps said:

Have the stock Raven cases (pictured above before being removed by the dealer) for sale on eBay and ADV (for $100 less)  

adv_og_logo.png
ADVRIDER.COM

Just bought a '19 Tracer GT and decided to splurge and get a set of FJR bags for it with the deeper lids (31 L capacity). The stock FJ-09 and Tracer...

Thanks!

I live in Rochester (webster). See my location on the members map. Let’s meet up somtime. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Premium Member

Hey Coach-  That would be great.  Looking forward to an early spring! (The woodchuck said so)

adv_og_logo.png
ADVRIDER.COM

Thanks!

• Premium Member

Thank you!  Really looking forward to it.  166 lbs less than the departing FJR .  Both weighed by me, full of fuel and with bags on.  I know I will miss the weather protection at times, but light is right.

Rob

adv_og_logo.png
ADVRIDER.COM

Thanks!

Welcome @motopumps!  I have some other FJR friends in the Finger Lakes area.  We'll probably run into each other at some point.  I look forward to seeing your posts in the 900 GT Discussions area.  Congrats on the purchase of the GT.  I have a GT and am also keeping my 2008 FJR AE.  Both great bikes.  You're right about losing the extra 150 lbs or so.  The GT feels like a toy compared to the FJR.

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2019 at 4:20 PM, motopumps said:

Greetings!  Just traded my '15 FJR 1300 ES on a '19 Tracer GT.  I am sure I will miss the FJR, but I won't miss the extra 150 lbs.

Will be picking the bike up in about two weeks.  Have added FJR color matched bags to the deal and will be selling the stock "city" cases as new take-offs if anyone is interested.

Here is the new steed, awaiting its new home.

IMG_8044-X2.jpg

Can't wait for an early spring!

To dos:  

GPS mount

Windshield

LED Aux lights

Miles!

Ride Safe-

Rob

How ironic. You traded your FJR1300 for the Tracer and I sold my FJR1300 and used it to buy my 2016 FJ09. Welcome fellow New Yorker!

2016 FJ09

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:26 AM, motopumps said:

Greetings!  Where in NY are you?  What were your motivating factors for the change?

Rob

Long Island, Nassau County. Motivating factors for selling my FJR1300 and buying the FJ09? My sh*tty back that's for sure! Moving the FJR around my garage was a CHORE. I DO miss the awesome wind protection from the FJR but I prefer how nimble the FJ is. 

2016 FJ09

Archived