Engine running cold

Yes... It's just the overall temp of the cooling system... Start spinning some rpms and working the motor you will see the temp climb- I have seen 210°F when at the track... Just normal cruising/riding is not gonna show temps above 175-180 from my observations... 

Edited by norcal616
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

16 hours ago, Butcher said:

Have noticed that unless it's hotter than 75 degrees out there bike temp when running down the road it won't warm up past 160 unless it's just idling. Once i start moving again the temp comes back down to 160. Is this normal?

You're in the normal zone with those readings.

Stop and go driving at 80 deg ambient will have you close to 200 before you know it. And summertime stoplights will fire the fans at 221 on a regular basis.

FJ has big radiator and cools well when moving. Heats up quickly at a standstill.

cb

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• 7 months later...

Just seems weird to me. I do mostly commuting albeit well above the speed limit but just wish I could get the temp up because when it's hot out the bike gets another 4mpg better.  I even tried tapping up the radiator this past winter.  It helped a little bit.  If this was a car I would have put another t-stat in it already. Thx everybody.