Money down, just waiting on the bike to arrive!

wtgrant87

Guest mizzouxc
Tommy from Indianapolis here. Just put a deposit down on a new black FJ-09. Dealer sold it to me for $8899!!!!!!!! 
Should be here very soon. Can't wait to get it home even if it is winter here.
I saw their too good to be true offer so I called them. They quoted me a TON of dealer fees on the phone equating to MSRP. Same thing with Halls Powersports in Alabama / Southeast.  
I put a deposit down on mine maybe a week and a half ago for MSRP (no freight or setup) at a local dealer. I'll pay the tax and title it myself.

It took me calling a couple of dealers in the area. One wanted 2+ grand in dealer fees over MSRP.

Guest mizzouxc
Very nice deal! I'd have to go out of state to get it, so I wouldn't save that much in the long run. If that deal were in say, Florida, I could combine the trip to pickup the bike with a vacation. :)

No bad fees when I went in. My total after tax and all fees was $10150 ish.
Other than tax, title/license, what other "fees" did they charge-freight, set-up, doc fees?? 

They charged tax, shipping, prep, and title/documentation. He gave me the out the door price so I don't know the specific breakdown of the fees. I will get that when the bike arrives but I have the deal locked in.

Other than tax, title/license, what other "fees" did they charge-freight, set-up, doc fees?? 

They charged tax, shipping, prep, and title/documentation. He gave me the out the door price so I don't know the specific breakdown of the fees. I will get that when the bike arrives but I have the deal locked in.
Congrats on the new bike!

Congrats on the new bike.

I hope you do get it in two weeks but you're the first I've read that was even told this year. My local dealership said January and I've read elsewhere others are being told the same.

Please post pix when it comes!

Guest mizzouxc
I hope you do get it in two weeks but you're the first I've read that was even told this year. My local dealership said January and I've read elsewhere others are being told the same.

My dealer also suggested late this month to mid December as a delivery date. I put a deposit down for a Red bike. He talked to the Yamaha rep while I was at the dealer. They couldn't say, but I think each dealer's initial delivery would be one Black and one Red bike. If those were sold, then the next delivery won't be until next year. Maybe someone beat you with a deposit.  

My dealer also suggested late this month to mid December as a delivery date. I put a deposit down for a Red bike. He talked to the Yamaha rep while I was at the dealer. They couldn't say, but I think each dealer's initial delivery would be one Black and one Red bike. If those were sold, then the next delivery won't be until next year. Maybe someone beat you with a deposit.  

They said I was the first one but who knows. As long as I get one I don't care what color it is! My gear is all black and red already :)

Archived