• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

New owner

mike

I just traded my Versys 1000 for a 2019 GT yesterday. Only have 20 miles of highway travel so far. Maiden voyage will be tomorrow. Loved the Versys but was looking for something lighter with a few more goodies. 

I am living in my motorhome and enjoying good roads all over the US, currently in the Hill Country of Texas. I am sure I will be learning a bunch from all of you in the future.

• Thumbsup 2

Hi Tracers, I am happy to join you having bought a 2019 Tracer 900. I'll use a top case instead of saddlebags due to ease of mounting, plus I seldom ride two up. The CP3 is incredibly smooth and a true screamer. I will be adding McCruise next year before taking longer road trips. Gotta save my time and wallet for better things than a jail cell. I haven't run above 5600 RPM due to break in, but am having a hard time wondering why I need more speed as is? Std mode meets my needs just fine. Having owned a Kawa Concours 14, the Tracer is a lighter sport tourer with the same tendency to accelerate without effort.  I am getting  over 50 MPG so far. This bike will keep me smiling down the home stretch. Above all - Ride Safe!

IMG_20190219_093156278.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

@mike - Welcome to the forum.  The Texas Hill Country is a great place to be hanging out with a Tracer GT.   I’m a few hours west in Houston, but will be heading out that way for some weekend riding this spring.   Breakfast at the OST in Bandera, and a few hundred miles of spirited Hill Country riding is about the perfect day in my book.  

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, texscottyd said:

I’m a few hours west in Houston, but will be heading out that way for some weekend riding this spring.   Breakfast at the OST in Bandera, and a few hundred miles of spirited Hill Country riding is about the perfect day in my book.  

That sounds like a great time, I wish I was about 2,000 miles closer, I'd join you.  👍

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

Mike congratulations on your new GT and welcome to the forum. How are you hauling the bike on the motor home? I tried hauling my KLR650 with a Joe Hauler mount on the back of my 30ft Winnebago but the overhang is making it impossible, any incline and it dragging.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Actually, I’m a few hours east in Houston.  East, west, whatever.   The Hill Country is to my left...  :) 

I'll be in Wichita Falls throughout the month of may. Considering bringing the bike, but not sure since the weather there turns nasty in about 10 seconds.

• 2 months later...

Roadrash83

I never saw your question. I am pulling my GMC pickup with the bike in the bed. I tried a carrier with the Versys but it was too much weight on the back axle.