Aluminium cell-phone/ GPS holder

This item arrived today only eight days after ordering - good work!   It is beautifully-made, could have come from the Rolls-Royce factory or a high-end Swiss watch manufacturer.   I suspect that it was made in Japan as the enclosed instructions and diagram looked like that country's calligraphy.

Whatever, everything is in the kit, and it was but a few minutes work to bolt it to the handlebar centre-piece, placing it in easy line-of-sight, though final adjustments will have to wait until I get out next.   At a mere $AUD14, with free shipping, this is an excellent addition to the bike -  all that remains is for me to learn how to drive the Navman!

P1050197.JPG

P1050198.JPG

P1050199.JPG

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

After a short trial I found that the NavMan GPS's handlebar location required me to glance down, something I'd rather not do given my concerns about being distracted.   So, following many example here, I relocated it to a position immediately above the bike's information screen, where it can be seen without taking my eyes off the road.   

As it happened the DIY anti-glare hood that's installed made a perfect perch for the GPS unit.   I had to make use of the 'stalk' that lifts the GPS holder upwards, so I cobbled together a small length of tube held on each side by a small bracket bolted through the roof of the anti-glare screen.   It's a bit agricultural, but seems to work.    The clamp fitting on the GPS holder locks onto this, and it can be rotated slightly to ensure that the info screen and the GPS screen are in the same vertical plane when looked at. 

The GPS unit came with a very short USB lead of perfect 12" length to plug into the cig-holder outlet on the l.h.s. without miles of excess cable having to be tucked away. 

A satisfying bit of handiwork - all I now need to do is to master the intricacies of the NavMan GPS itself.   Fortunately I found an instruction CD, so should be OK!   (Famous last words!)

!!P1050201.JPG

P1050202.JPG

P1050204.JPG

P1050205.JPG

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Archived