Cosmo SatNav Mount

I’m not sure how useful this observation is Steve, but I had a previous design on my ‘15 Tracer and the vibration was too much for me. I’m only posting because I think the inherent design of mounting a fair chunk of mass above the instruments will always be prone to vibration. Other designs seem to work for some people on this forum though.

I use a Ram ball on one of the riser bolts, coupled with a short adjustable connecting arm for my TomTom Rider 400. It’s very stable there and is only a glance down for info.

• Thumbsup 2

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Steve

I fabricated my own bracket to mount the GPS above the TFT dash and It’s fine for vibration.

But watch out as the TFT display can interfere with the satnav and cause it to lose the satellite signal.

see my post sat nav mount sorted.

Mike

9 hours ago, BBB said:

I’m not sure how useful this observation is Steve, but I had a previous design on my ‘15 Tracer and the vibration was too much for me. I’m only posting because I think the inherent design of mounting a fair chunk of mass above the instruments will always be prone to vibration. Other designs seem to work for some people on this forum though.

I use a Ram ball on one of the riser bolts, coupled with a short adjustable connecting arm for my TomTom Rider 400. It’s very stable there and is only a glance down for info.

Plus, you don't have to reach for the gps... it's much easier to mess with.

Having had my gps on the handlebars and above the dash I have to say above the dash is by far the better location for me.

your eyes are in line with it rather than having to look down and if you need reading glasses then it’s also much easier to see.

It was after riding a BMW GS that convinced me to mount it above the DASH.

At the End of the day it’s what suits the individual best.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

I have 1 like this;

s-l1000.jpg

Has a25mm all rubber ball similar to RamMount. Yamaha MT-09...

Mine is without the design carved out in the center. Some said without the design and the 2 rolls like in my metal made less vibration. Mine is practically non-existent on vibration. Very pleased with it over the speedo. I have since routed the wires back behind with wire ties out of the field of vision. Also got the waterproof RAM case with the sun visor on it. Very much needed mid-day. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XDM6V6D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_6018.JPG

Edited by tktplz
  • Thanks 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

I've used it with my phone 233 grams, yes it t vibrates but have not found it to be a problem. It is in your line of sight and with the bluetooth it was perfect. Went on cobbled roads and with all the vibrations still did not move from where I put it. Definitely recommend.