A little heavenly help:)

Guys, A buddy of mine and I were talking about all the close calls we have had in our lives. And that got me thinking.....Who doesn't need a little more help from heaven? That inspired me to build my DPA (Deity Protection Altar). I don't have a particular religious affiliation, and here in Malaysia just about every major religion is pretty well represented. My thinking was this: "Why pick one? Best to cover all the bases."

My build consisted of two small glass encased statues (Buddha and Ganesh), bottle caps, two part 5 minute epoxy, and some 3M double sided tape. 

I filled the bottle caps with epoxy, set the statues in by hand, waited for it to dry. Then found a place on the bike, added the 3M tape, and PRESTO!!! Help and protection from heaven!!!

It seemed to have worked as we did our first day trip this morning. No issues with the bike, we didn't get lost, no close calls from cars, no police, and we beat the rain home by less than 5 minutes!!!

I'll be adding the standard Plastic Jesus and I'm on the hunt for a Shinto "saint" named Jizo.....he is the Japanese guy for protecting travelers. And please guys...no religious wars...this is all in good fun.

luck 1.jpg

luck 2.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Whatever works!

Also a good idea to supplement your approach with extreme defensive driving techniques.

At every intersection... "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!"

• Thumbsup 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09