T9 first impressions..

Picked up my new MY18 nimbus grey tracer 900 today.  100 mile trip home. I could of rode plenty more. First 50 and pretty happy, keeping a check on rev limit 6 k, however, 6 k in top is 90 mph so all good. As I rode more the bike grew on me more and more. 

Ride home started with wet motorway so not good, but 30 mins later, nearer home was much dryer and went for the twisties. 

The smiles started... Light, nimble, reminded me of my KTM 950 sm that I loved so much. Sat up, good view, flickable, all the things I like in bike's. By the time i got home I was paired. Superb. Very much looking forward to getting the 600 m out of the way.

Roll on next weekend.

• Like 1

Nice little bags.. I'll fit ring tonight. I got dealer to fit tail tidy, makes back end much smarter. Rad gaurd and tank pads. Also had heated grips, I wouldn't be without them anymore. Dealer fits for free, just parts to pay.

My only gripe is my boots catch rear pegs so they will probably be coming off, just put on when needed. 

11 hours ago, Dodgy Knees said:

My only gripe is my boots catch rear pegs so they will probably be coming off, just put on when needed. 

My boots catch too. Evotech and R&G make footpeg delete plates. Watch out when removing the allen bolts as they are threadlocked and it could be easy to round the heads if you used a ball-end allen key. You’ll need to keep hold of the pegs as they are an MOT requirement.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

15 hours ago, Dodgy Knees said:

The side cases might not be important to you, but my solution for more heel room while maintaining the side case stays was the old FJ-09 side case stay https://www.tracer900.net/topic/5954-tracer-900-gt-foot-pegs/

I don't have any rear foot pegs installed, but I figure the old FJ-09 foot peg bracket is better than the new T900 (for the rider, that is), or I could even install FZ-09 foot peg brackets. Unfortunately, all this gives the rider more room, the passenger less. Fortunately, I don't need a passenger.