Aim expo

Any body making to aim expo. Yamaha has a big booth there it seems

https://aimexpousa.com/

I would like to make it, but I dont know if I can. I had surgery on my arm at end on August. Will find out this week if I can ride. 

Never been, listened to podcast of ppl talking about being able to demo every motorcycle from the manufacturers. Would love to ride the niken again. And havent been on the newer tracer to see how much better it is.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2019 at 4:14 PM, sirepair said:

I'll be there Saturday morning. Haven't decided if I'm riding the FJ or ST. 

I'm going to try the Niken if possible, maybe an Africa Twin. Wonder if they will have the Kawasaki H2 there?

Take the fj.

The h2 se sx, the one with bags sounds like something fun to ride. 

• Supporting Member
On 9/26/2019 at 3:14 PM, sirepair said:

Wonder if they will have the Kawasaki H2 there?

Affirmative.   What I don’t know is if they’re doing any sort of demo rides at the expo.  

B6A45EAD-585B-4370-81B3-4E3AFB6D532C.thumb.jpeg.793797e2d7de850978628599e0b2799d.jpeg

If you do score a ride on a Niken, make sure and let us know your thoughts...  

Enjoy the show! 

• Premium Member

I rode the Niken, KTM 1290 Super Duke and Africa Twin DCT.

Niken was so familiar feeling with the driveline.  Front felt heavy (expected), compared to the FJ, but very planted.  I was able to get the rear to step out a bit on a hard left, but the TCS did its bit and squelched that.  I'm sure it could really carve up some twisties, especially on rough roads or poor pavement. An interesting exercise in engineering.

1290 SD has an amazing mill!  Comes on hard and wants to rev.  Plenty of brakes to back up the engine.  Suspension was a bit harsh for riding about the crappy streets of Cbus, but would have likely been good for a track day!  Rider's triangle too sporty for my old bones!  Wanted to ride the GT, but it was booked up.

I enjoyed the AT DCT the most, and if looking for an additional bike, it would likely be on the short list.  DCT works well, motor makes great torque and spins up quickly.  Has a nice growl to it.  Triangle was good but the reach to the ground was far for my 30" inseam, on my tip-toes at each stop.  Seat wasn't too bad for a stock Honda seat, but I only spent about 30 minutes on it.

I ran it to several riders that have attended the event we host in June, and enjoyed milling about checking some of the wares the vendors brought.  

Great way to spend a day!

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

Rode the niken gt again. I rode the niken and niken gt in june. I want to buy one, probably will. Went to the indoor rraces Saturday. Rode 7 different bikes sunday. Tan tan 200, niken, versys 650, royal Enfield 650 interceptor and 500 classic, Africa twin dct and lastly a Harley breakout 114. 

Harley let u take your own route no guided setup. I got real silly with the Harley. That new 114 has so much torque. Did the same route royal enfield does, which was 18mins or so with a guided group. Did it in 8 mins with the Harley. Fun expensive bike.