We are two weeks away from having an ECU flash solution!

• Premium Member
... and the TCS issues.  It would be great to be able to toggle it on/off if I go onto gravel roads -something not uncommon where I live.
Wait ... you can't turn TCS off?
TCS off yes, antilock brakes no. I will find the link in the online owners manual (PDF page 39, manual page 4-21).  
To turn off the traction control system, push the “TCS” button on the multifunction meter unit for at least 2 seconds. The “TCS” indicator/warning light will come on. To turn on the traction control system, push the “TCS button again. The “TCS” indicator/warning light will go off.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest dmizer
Wait ... you can't turn TCS off?
TCS off yes, antilock brakes no. I will find the link in the online owners manual (PDF page 39, manual page 4-21).  
To turn off the traction control system, push the “TCS” button on the multifunction meter unit for at least 2 seconds. The “TCS” indicator/warning light will come on. To turn on the traction control system, push the “TCS button again. The “TCS” indicator/warning light will go off.

But Bobdog doesn't mention anything about ABS, only TCS, hence my question.

To disable abs

-put on center stand
-with engine running release clutch in gear.
-let run with wheel spinning until a "manual fault" occurs and abs light flashes non-stop.

To re enable abs

-turn key off
-turn key back on. Abs now works again.

You have to stop the bike to shut off TCS.  I wonder if you can do it with the bike moving. I guess it depends if you are going to hold the button in for a few seconds until it goes off while rolling.  Not like the drive modes, which are a flick of the switch.  Drive modes do seem to change at zero throttle while rolling.  Did not get the chance to nug with the TCS mode on it while rolling as my shifter stopped shifting, effectively ending playtime for an unknown amount of time.  Just talking about it makes me slip further into the abyss... Arrgh perfect weather tomorrow, with work and no bike.  
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Guest dmizer
You have to stop the bike to shut off TCS.
An ECU flash isn't going to change this.

I wonder if you can do it with the bike moving. I guess it depends if you are going to hold the button in for a few seconds until it goes off while rolling.
Nope. You must bring the bike to a stop to enable traction control.

Archived