We are two weeks away from having an ECU flash solution!

Just spoke to Nels at Two Wheel Dyno Works in Woodinville, WA. He got an ECU from a Dealer in Utah and has developed the very first ten tunes for the FJ-09. The tunes are now in testing and being developed and they will be ready for us in two weeks!

Sped limit removal, AIS shutoff, Quickshift and certain exhaust tunes will be ready and rocking!!

And, they will be available to Us first!!!

Guest eatpasta
Just spoke to Nels at Two Wheel Dyno Works in Woodinville, WA. He got an ECU from a Dealer in Utah and has developed the very first ten tunes for the FZ-09. The tunes are now in testing and being developed and they will be ready for us in two weeks!  
Sped limit removal, AIS shutoff, Quickshift and certain exhaust tunes will be ready and rocking!!

exhaust tunes? 
ear_zps2m0hjqms.gif

Just spoke to Nels at Two Wheel Dyno Works in Woodinville, WA. He got an ECU from a Dealer in Utah and has developed the very first ten tunes for the FJ-09. The tunes are now in testing and being developed and they will be ready for us in two weeks!  

exhaust tunes? 
ear_zps2m0hjqms.gif

Yes, tunes designed for certain brands of exhaust to get the most out of em.

Thanks for the update Cruizin. Too bad as Nels is going to be in my town Fri-Sun at Pro Caliber doing what he does best. Maybe I will stop by and see if he has some time to chat. I talked to him on the phone once and he seemed like a chatty one. We'll see.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Which dealer in Utah? I bought my FJ from Layton Cycle in Layton,Utah. Me being from SLC. I would be very interested in supporting this dealer, though I'm in no way saying anything derogatory about Layton Cycle. They were very very good to me

God bless you, Cruizin!

I've already gone with a high flow filter and Akrapovic Titanium. My next question is how to get the ECU out and ship it - and are we going with a group discount of some sort?  Call me psyched, as I was crushed by the speed limiter (yeah, I'm one of those guys that takes his sport-tourer to the track to learn how to use it better) and the TCS issues.  It would be great to be able to toggle it on/off if I go onto gravel roads -something not uncommon where I live.  Feeling sort of shafted by Yamaha anyways:

I have to get past the fact that I can't shift my bike...  Working the "not yet recall" on the shift shaft with my dealer here in Virginia. I won the serial number lottery, I guess.  My problems started at about 40 miles and progressed to almost impossible to go up a gear.  Back to the Tacoma for a while. :'(
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

God bless you, Cruizin!  
I've already gone with a high flow filter and Akrapovic Titanium. My next question is how to get the ECU out and ship it - and are we going with a group discount of some sort?  Call me psyched, as I was crushed by the speed limiter (yeah, I'm one of those guys that takes his sport-tourer to the track to learn how to use it better) and the TCS issues.  It would be great to be able to toggle it on/off if I go onto gravel roads -something not uncommon where I live.  Feeling sort of shafted by Yamaha anyways:

I have to get past the fact that I can't shift my bike...  Working the "not yet recall" on the shift shaft with my dealer here in Virginia. I won the serial number lottery, I guess.  My problems started at about 40 miles and progressed to almost impossible to go up a gear.  Back to the Tacoma for a while. :'(

I'm sure that Nels at Two Wheel Dynoworks will have a write up on how to remove the ECU.

Removing the ECU is as simple as removing the fuel tank. It sits on top of the air box. Just unplug it and it slides right out.  Owners Service Manual could help.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Guest dmizer
... and the TCS issues.  It would be great to be able to toggle it on/off if I go onto gravel roads -something not uncommon where I live.
Wait ... you can't turn TCS off?

Archived