No access to Menu when check Engine LIght is on?

DGuy

On 1/31/2020 at 1:57 AM, DGuy said:

All is well once again with my bike .

Received the OBDII adapter today and after a couple minutes the Check Engine Light was gone, I once again had access to the Menu system and the QS indicator was back.

Anyone have a list of the fault codes and their meaning?

Thanks all.

Enlighten me please as I have never touched this subject. So when you receive the OBDII adapter what do you do?

1 hour ago, Pupsi said:

Enlighten me please as I have never touched this subject. So when you receive the OBDII adapter what do you do?

Plug your code reader into the adapter, the adapter into the 4 pin harness under the seat, turn the ignition on, then use the code reader to list fault codes and clear them.  Specific instructions depend on the code reader, but they're basically all pretty simple and straightforward.  

On 1/30/2020 at 6:20 PM, Wintersdark said:

As to fault codes, service manual 8-50 and onwards lists them.  If you don't have a service manual, PM me.

thanks for the offer but I'm going to get one for myself.

1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

Plug your code reader into the adapter, the adapter into the 4 pin harness under the seat, turn the ignition on, then use the code reader to list fault codes and clear them.  Specific instructions depend on the code reader, but they're basically all pretty simple and straightforward.  

Thanks. Which code reader do you use?

I use a Bluetooth reader from ScanTool, as it allows me to use an app on my phone to monitor engine status.  I haven't used it with the Tracer yet, though, as I need an adapter and will probably have to custom make one as the Bluetooth one isn't self powered.  You can use any random ODB2 code reader, though, and you can buy them with the Yamaha plug already on them on eBay.

1 hour ago, Pupsi said:

Thanks. Which code reader do you use?

I bought some cheap generic reader at an auto parts store...might not be legal in Canada ;-))

1 hour ago, DGuy said:

I bought some cheap generic reader at an auto parts store...might not be legal in Canada ;-))

There's no issues with legality of them in Canada.  Typically much cheaper on eBay though as there aren't really cheap auto parts stores here :)