Yamaha Extended Warranty Question

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Heli ATP said:

I have till end of June before I have to decide if I will purchase the YES extended warranty. 

YES plans

I like the TRIP benefit...

About Y.E.S.

By adding Yamaha Extended Service — Y.E.S. — to your Yamaha, you get a solid protection plan designed and administered by Yamaha just for discriminating Yamaha owners like you. It's coverage that can help you steer around the inconvenience of repairs. Look at the benefits Y.E.S. delivers:

Nationwide coverage.

Have the nationwide network of Yamaha dealers behind you.

Uninterrupted genuine Yamaha coverage.

Y.E.S. takes over automatically when your original factory warranty expires.

Affordable protection.

Years of Y.E.S. coverage for a fraction of the cost of just one major repair bill.

No deductible.

There's complete coverage on mechanical defects* — you don't have to pay anything.

Increase value on your Yamaha.

Your Y.E.S. protection plan is transferable, which can increase your Yamaha's value if you decide to sell or trade it in later.

TRIP benefit.

Y.E.S. coverage automatically includes TRIP — Travel and Recreation Interruption Protection that's in effect from the date of Y.E.S. plan purchase, even during the factory warranty period. With TRIP, expenses related to a covered failure can be covered as well, up to $150 per occurrence. This means unexpected food or lodging expenses, transportation expenses, even a rental vehicle can be covered - and that's each time you have a covered warranty or Y.E.S. repair.

This sounds to me like there's very little chance that your machine is going to have problems if they are giving you a  chance to have major problems  covered for approximately $100/year.  Please buy the  protection if you want, don't  ever go by what I say.