lower wind deflectors?

• Supporting Member
29 minutes ago, trevinator said:

was wondering if anyone made a set of lower wind deflectors to help keep the wind off your knees a bit better in cold weather? might be something i would have to add to a set of crash bars?

What type of riding pants do you wear?  I have never felt the need to deflect the wind.  In the winter I wear textile riding pants with a thermal liner and my knees or legs have never once been cold, not even a little bit even below freezing.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

today was the first time even riding my new bike, and i was just wearing a pair of fleece lined pants. it wasnt bad around 55, but at 65 the wind was getting to my knees just a little bit. dont get me wrong, this bike has 2x better wind protection than my versys 650 did! i was just looking to make it that little bit warmer in the cold weather.

• Supporting Member
3 minutes ago, trevinator said:

today was the first time even riding my new bike, and i was just wearing a pair of fleece lined pants. it wasnt bad around 55, but at 65 the wind was getting to my knees just a little bit. dont get me wrong, this bike has 2x better wind protection than my versys 650 did! i was just looking to make it that little bit warmer in the cold weather.

In cold weather, I always wear a base layer, like a full length runners tights.  My winter riding pants have a zip-out thermal liner and with the built in knee protection they block all wind.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Fleece lined pants won't do you much good in a fall.  Knee pads not only keep your knees from shattering if you hit the ground, but also provide some insulation from the cold.

You'll spend far less money on a good pair of riding pants...and be safer...than trying to codge together some kind of fairing lower.  Winter riding is when you (you, in general) are more likely to fall, yet most people only want something that will keep them warm but rip through in a second...leaving their skin and bones to take care of the remaining time they are sliding on pavement.

Chris

• Thumbsup 1

On 3/8/2020 at 6:28 PM, trevinator said:

was wondering if anyone made a set of lower wind deflectors to help keep the wind off your knees a bit better in cold weather? might be something i would have to add to a set of crash bars?

I hope  this works. Click on photo. 

Edited by pieyed07

2 hours ago, trevinator said:

Thats exactly what i was thinking of doing was something like that! Where did you get those plates? Do they rub your knees right there? They look a little close. 

They are, call Biker Built Airwings. 1-800-451-9464 ask  for Sherrie and tell her you want info on the assembly for a Yamaha FJ- 09 .  HTH JD