Happy St. Patty's Day to me

fr8dog

• Premium Member

Managed to dodge most of the rain. Fueled up in Horseshoe Bend, then it started to pour. Lasted about 20 minutes. Made small talk with a harley guy. It was painful. Was nice to get out and find some good roads.

Screenshot_2020-03-17 Google Maps.png

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I waived. Do you visit? Let me know next time and we can meet up. 

The road from Emmett to Horseshoe Bend is a good one. First time up in that area. Most of that ride was good. The only bad stretch is from Lowman to Idaho City. Still a lot of snow and something about the road makes the tires a little sketchy and feeling loose.

• Haha 1

• Supporting Member
12 hours ago, fr8dog said:

Managed to dodge most of the rain. Fueled up in Horseshoe Bend, then it started to pour. Lasted about 20 minutes. Made small talk with a harley guy. It was painful. Was nice to get out and find some good roads.

Screenshot_2020-03-17 Google Maps.png

Being right on the border, you are close to all of the amazing riding that Oregon has to offer.  Are you new to the Boise area or have you already ridden the good stuff?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

3 hours ago, fr8dog said:

I waived. Do you visit? Let me know next time and we can meet up. 

The road from Emmett to Horseshoe Bend is a good one. First time up in that area. Most of that ride was good. The only bad stretch is from Lowman to Idaho City. Still a lot of snow and something about the road makes the tires a little sketchy and feeling loose.

Not very often. Since my Dad is retired, he usually comes to me. 

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, fr8dog said:

The only bad stretch is from Lowman to Idaho City. Still a lot of snow and something about the road makes the tires a little sketchy and feeling loose.

Just wait until it gets warmer, that section from Idaho City to Lowman is twisty paradise!.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, betoney said:

Being right on the border, you are close to all of the amazing riding that Oregon has to offer.  Are you new to the Boise area or have you already ridden the good stuff?

I'm new to the area. Moved here in October. I saw some roads on the map in Oregon. Looks good. Another month and I'll be out every week.

• Supporting Member
32 minutes ago, fr8dog said:

I'm new to the area. Moved here in October. I saw some roads on the map in Oregon. Looks good. Another month and I'll be out every week.

Oregon riding is a slippery slope down the rabbit hole, you have been warned. 😎  I'm not joking, all the way up to the Washington border and out to the Pacific coast, it is AMAZING.  I have logged many more miles in Oregon than my own state.  If you want suggestions on day trips or overnight trips, just ask.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, betoney said:

Oregon riding is a slippery slope down the rabbit hole, you have been warned. 😎  I'm not joking, all the way up to the Washington border and out to the Pacific coast, it is AMAZING.  I have logged many more miles in Oregon than my own state.  If you want suggestions on day trips or overnight trips, just ask.

We moved here from norcal. I was spoiled. 20 minutes from hwy 49 in Auburn. 

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, fr8dog said:

We moved here from norcal. I was spoiled. 20 minutes from hwy 49 in Auburn. 

Been there, ridden that... AWESOME!  

Ive taken many road trips to Northern California, loved every mile and I am always planning return trips.