The white paint

I want to paint some parts of the motorcycle in the same white colour as the side panels.

The colour code is: Bluish white pearl 1            (BWP1 3642)

RfKkVOm.jpg

I was in contact with a big paint shop which helped me before with the bluish gray but they don't have de recipe for the white one. 

For me it looks like a metalic paint but the name sugest a pearl paint...

Do you have it? Or do you know how can I get it? 

Edited by TheBigG

• Supporting Member

Have you brought the white panel to a paint shop?  A lot of them have a photo scanner (I don't know the exact name) to 'read' the color and the computer can formulate a match.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

29 minutes ago, betoney said:

Have you brought the white panel to a paint shop?  A lot of them have a photo scanner (I don't know the exact name) to 'read' the color and the computer can formulate a match.

They are located 5 hours from me and I don't know others wit a spectrophotometer closer to me 😕

I can send them the side panel but I will be stranded a week or two. This is the plan B for after the season ends...

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

@TheBigG You might be able to buy the paint already mixed from www.colorrite.com. you might have to figure what other Yamaha's used that color white as the main color.  

He who dies with the most toys wins.

2 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

@TheBigG You might be able to buy the paint already mixed from www.colorrite.com. you might have to figure what other Yamaha's used that color while as the main color.  

2018 MT07 "Intensity White" colorway (this is the one I had!) it's a beautiful paint as a main color.  I'd totally go for painting my gray Tracer in that too; it's wonderful.  

You don't see the pearl much when it's just the side panels here, but when it's the main color over the tank and all it's much more apparent.

Edited by Wintersdark

• Supporting Member
4 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

2018 MT07 "Intensity White" colorway (this is the one I had!) it's a beautiful paint as a main color.  I'd totally go for painting my gray Tracer in that too; it's wonderful.  

You don't see the pearl much when it's just the side panels here, but when it's the main color over the tank and all it's much more apparent.

Was that the white with red accents?  I saw an MT07 in white and really liked it.

32 minutes ago, betoney said:

Was that the white with red accents?  I saw an MT07 in white and really liked it.

!

20190601_121519.thumb.jpg.73538b81a841bf61cd006ec866997a47.jpg

Yep!  I never managed to really capture the pearl in the paint in photos, but when clean and waxed in the sun it's really nice looking.  

20190907_165143_HDR.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

My plan is to paint in this white colour the plastict arround the headlight and the front wheel mudguard. This way thea bike will be white in the front, gray in the middle and black at the rear :)

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
14 minutes ago, TheBigG said:

My plan is to paint in this white colour the plastict arround the headlight and the front wheel mudguard. This way thea bike will be white in the front, gray in the middle and black at the rear :)

That should look really nice, I always support making your bike "uniquely yours", just something to set it apart from the crowd. 👍

Share photos when you are finished.

• Thumbsup 2