New owner, Ottawa Ontario, Canada

On 8/18/2020 at 8:43 PM, WKE002 said:

Welcome to the forum and I must admired you.... 5'6" riding a Tracer... am just 5'8" and already thinking if should have gotten the BMW 750/800 over Tracer due to the height.  my ride buddy is 5'6" and he wanted Tracer, after few test ride, he bought Suzuki GSX (yes, not adventure bike). 

I could reach flat foot if i move my ass on one side but during emergency, now that is my worry.  next couple of weeks, going to visit custom made shoes to see if they could increase my height without looking like wearing clogs !

Hey thanks!  Hope you're enjoying your new bike.

I also discovered that the right footwear help quite a bit.  I picked-up some boots that have a pretty thick & rugged sole.  They have a heel which I'm not used to; I usually ride with flat soles because they don't lock my foot to the pegs.  But in this case it's just been a getting used to thing.

Another way I've adapted to the Tracer is with a butt shuffle technique.  So basically when coming to a stop, I'm always ready to shift my left butt off the seat so I can more easily reach the ground.  My right foot is always on the brake when I do this.  I keep an eye on the roadway where I might come to a stop.   The worst case is when the road slopes to the left making my reach the the ground that much further.   If I must stop there, then it's left cheek right off the seat & boot firmly planted while I keep the bike up with as little lean as possible.

The other thing I do differently with the Tracer is use my LEFT foot to bring it up on the center-stand.  Doing this puts me closer to the passenger hand rail for better leverage with a little up pressure.  This technique works every time & it's effortless. 

• Thumbsup 3