Need a tire in Twin Cities

keithu

• Premium Member

I'm in Minnesota this week and next for work, and I'll need a tire (Road 5) before I head back west. Can anyone recommend a good tire place in the Twin Cities area? Ideally I'd like a place that will mount and balance for free if I bring them the wheel and buy a tire.

No one in the cities offers free mounting, at least not with a reasonably priced tire.

Josh @ Sportbike Hub
(612) 269-6544
Give him a call so he can pick one up at his distributor, he usually doesn't stock road 5's.
He operates out of his garage.

2730 King Ave
Shakopee, MN 55379

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I called Mudspringers and told him I need a 180/55-17 tire. He was quiet for a moment before he replied incredulously, "180/55-17... What kind of motorcycle uses that?!"

So apparently he lives under a rock where they only ride Harleys or dirt bikes. 🙄

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, keithu said:

I called Mudspringers and told him I need a 180/55-17 tire. He was quiet for a moment before he replied incredulously, "180/55-17... What kind of motorcycle uses that?!"

So apparently he lives under a rock where they only ride Harleys or dirt bikes. 🙄

Oh lordy....

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member

Update: I got a tire at Bob's Cycle Supply in St. Paul (actually Little Canada). It was right on the way home from work, they had a Road 5 for a reasonable price ($218) and they only charged $10 for mount and balance. I had to drop off the wheel yesterday and pick it up today but otherwise it was fine. If anyone else in the Twin Cities need a tire Bob's gets two snaps up from me.

tenor.gif

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 2

• Supporting Member
On 8/20/2020 at 4:04 PM, keithu said:

Update: I got a tire at Bob's Cycle Supply in St. Paul (actually Little Canada). It was right on the way home from work, they had a Road 5 for a reasonable price ($218) and they only charged $10 for mount and balance.

Glad to hear that you got that taken care of.  You should have plenty of tire to take the long way back home to Oregon. 👍

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

$10 for mount and balance?  That's insanely good. 

My local shop back home mounts and balances for free when I buy a tire from them, and I think the last time I bought a Road 5 there it was only about $210-220 US. And I don't have to pay sales tax in Oregon.

Still, not a bad deal for a tire on the road.

On 8/21/2020 at 8:17 PM, keithu said:

My local shop back home mounts and balances for free when I buy a tire from them, and I think the last time I bought a Road 5 there it was only about $210-220 US. And I don't have to pay sales tax in Oregon.

Still, not a bad deal for a tire on the road.

:(

The best "deal" I've found, with loose rims, is $120 + the price of the tires.  Oh, sure, they say it'll be $50/tire, but there's always fees and taxes =/

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

:(

The best "deal" I've found, with loose rims, is $120 + the price of the tires.  Oh, sure, they say it'll be $50/tire, but there's always fees and taxes =/

Yikes, that is insane. I guess I'll make sure I buy fresh tires before my next trip to Canada.

• Thumbsup 2