Yamaha Tracer 900 rack.

Hi,

I am looking to get a top box for my 2019 Tracer 900.  I like the look of the Yamaha rack and the way it fits.  Does anyone know if its compatible with other top boxes ?  Looking at the pictures it looks similar to the Shad mount.

Edited by Alistair

9 hours ago, Manxkiwi said:

I went with the Yamaha rack and top box. Well worth it I reckon. You can key the box to your ignition key too, which is nice. There isn't any sub plate or anything, box just clips in nicely.

Thanks,  i have looked at all the other brands of rack and the Yamaha does look the best option.  The Givi and Shad all require alot of parts to be fitted.  Having had Givi racks before it wont been too long before all that steelwork is rusty.  The Hepco and Becker rack looks like it fits well but its about twice the price.  Going to go with the Yamaha rack and 39L box. 👍

On 9/3/2020 at 6:53 AM, Alistair said:

Thanks,  i have looked at all the other brands of rack and the Yamaha does look the best option.  The Givi and Shad all require alot of parts to be fitted.  Having had Givi racks before it wont been too long before all that steelwork is rusty.  The Hepco and Becker rack looks like it fits well but its about twice the price.  Going to go with the Yamaha rack and 39L box. 👍

Another nice feature of the Yamaha rack is that you can swap back to the stock grab rails in about 15 minutes.  I like to run the bike with no bags and rear passenger pegs when I'm not hosting a passenger or hauling groceries or growlers of beer, because it looks so badass.

I’ve been looking at the Yamaha rack for added space but don’t plan on a top case.  For gear I use a waterproof duffel on the rear seat plus side cases.  The Yamaha rack would give me a bit more space for a gas can or a small bag behind the large duffle bag.  For my trip home I had a small bag strapped on top of the duffle bag, no problems on a 1,400 mile ride.

i have resist installing panniers box (here does not comes with it) and top box as aftermarket so far, even trying to find el chepo from china.

1. Bracket is more expensive than the box/pannier (small pannier), what gives, 

2. not badass (like tktplz describe) especially aftermarket bracket, without the pannier, it looks like a rear crash bar with metal all over.

3. when installing, there is a HUGE GAP in between as compare to ori, making city riding unable to squeeze in between cars. 

4. why cant aftermarket design to hook to existing bracket and maybe the outer layer change to some other badass design. 

• Thumbsup 1