Ill fitting radiator hoses

andz

5 hours ago, HGP61 said:

I'm going to give you both a thumbs down and a thumbs up for your reply. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I have a lovely looking Tracer in a mean looking all black. and as you have suggested I don't understand why anyone would disregard any bike purely on appearence and the Tracer is all the bike I'm looking for, It does it all for me. 

I agree that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.  I don't actually think the bike is ugly, but it is my first somewhat "naked" bike.  I am all about function over form.  👍

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

On 10/7/2020 at 6:16 AM, johnmark101 said:

Regarding the aesthetics of the hose fitment;  Don't look at the rest of the bike....😄.

The Tracer GT is easily the least attractive bike I have ever owned but it is like the somewhat plain looking girl you met in college who you did not give a second thought about.......until you get to know her and find out she is just what you were looking for all along.

I'm of two minds.  I do like the overall Tracer look, but it's definitely not a bike that really gets attention for it's appearance, and it does have a lot of things like these hoses that look... meh.  But yeah, without a doubt, it's a hell of a bike once you're riding it.

This has come up in my local group of riders quite a few times.  Pretty much everyone has objectively beautiful bikes, of various styles, and my Tracer is (arguably) the least attractive of the lot.  We swap bikes frequently, and I find it hilarious how many people prefer actually riding the Tracer to their pretty pretty machines.  Sure, most do one particular thing better, but are much worse at everything else.  The Tracer does everything well. 

• Like 1