Ill fitting radiator hoses

andz

I wasn't sure what to search here but I'm sure this has been discussed before.

The apparently badly made radiator hoses on my 2017 Tracer really annoy me, has anyone solved this?

Is it a question of loosening and pushing, or are there aftermarket solutions? Or do later models' hoses fit better?

IMG_0242.thumb.jpg.0751952ab9e00309457485a553e0a98e.jpg

IMG_0243.thumb.jpg.d3819d5d74dc65acfa6406a0597c8517.jpg

• Premium Member

There's nothing wrong with the hose. That lower pipe on the radiator curves, so the hose in your photo is actually mounted flush. It just looks weird because of the pipe bend coming out of the hose. 

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

Pro tip:  To paraphrase a friend, commenting on my brand new Ducati Paso's electrical fire :  "If you're going to own a Ducati, you have to get the red one.  It's much more effective at hiding the flames."  

But to the original point, I agree that the hoses on the FJ are pretty crude.   I've contemplated some hose covers and nicer looking clamps, just to try and clean up the appearance.

• Thumbsup 2

• 2 weeks later...

1st day after bring my 900 GT home from the dealer I noticed the odd fit of the radiator hose(s) and thought about riding back over to have them moved up.  Glad to see that it ain't no big deal (other than the aesthetics).

Regarding the aesthetics of the hose fitment;  Don't look at the rest of the bike....😄.

The Tracer GT is easily the least attractive bike I have ever owned but it is like the somewhat plain looking girl you met in college who you did not give a second thought about.......until you get to know her and find out she is just what you were looking for all along.

• Thumbsup 2

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

18 hours ago, johnmark101 said:

The Tracer GT is easily the least attractive bike I have ever owned

18 hours ago, johnmark101 said:

until you get to know her and find out she is just what you were looking for all along.

I'm going to give you both a thumbs down and a thumbs up for your reply. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I have a lovely looking Tracer in a mean looking all black. and as you have suggested I don't understand why anyone would disregard any bike purely on appearence and the Tracer is all the bike I'm looking for, It does it all for me. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1