T-Rex luggage rack

I wanted to make sure I followed up on this thread in case anyone in the future was looking into a T-Rex rack for an FJ09.

After having to exchange twice due to the racks not remotely lining up with install points I ultimately returned and gave up for a while. T-Rex’s customer service was top tier and allowed me to return no questions asked. Two separate racks would not line up with the mounting points on the bike. Even with someone helping me put pressure on the rack while trying to tighten down the bolts I was unable to successfully mount the rack to the FJ09. After speaking to their customer service and providing photos it was clear that the rack was the issue.

All in all I would say Trex’s customer service did a great job but I would not recommend this rack for anyone looking for one for an FJ09.

2 hours ago, bootsandboots said:

I wanted to make sure I followed up on this thread in case anyone in the future was looking into a T-Rex rack for an FJ09.

After having to exchange twice due to the racks not remotely lining up with install points I ultimately returned and gave up for a while. T-Rex’s customer service was top tier and allowed me to return no questions asked. Two separate racks would not line up with the mounting points on the bike. Even with someone helping me put pressure on the rack while trying to tighten down the bolts I was unable to successfully mount the rack to the FJ09. After speaking to their customer service and providing photos it was clear that the rack was the issue.

All in all I would say Trex’s customer service did a great job but I would not recommend this rack for anyone looking for one for an FJ09.

That's too bad it didn't work out. I, too, had good experience with their support when I inquired about the T-Rex rack. In the end, I ended up going with the Givi rack and M8 plate. It's a pretty skookum setup.