Finally

fr8dog

• Premium Member

Bike has been on a tender for close to two weeks. I know, stop whining. Some of you put the bikes away for months. I'm used to riding daily.

Went for a spin up to Idaho City. Temps were mid 40's starting out. Down in the 30's once I was closer to IC.

Roads were in great shape. Snow was plowed and roads were dry. Had a sandwich at the Sinclair in IC and filled up with non ethanol gas. 

I'm still amazed how good the rebuilt OEM shock is from Terry at Norwest. Gonna send my forks up to him to fix my lack of rebound adjustment problem. He'll check to see if anything else was assembled incorrectly. Maybe new seals too. 

No pics. Not much of a picture taker. The views were stunning. Crystal clear day and some snow on the peaks.

Screenshot_2020-12-19 Google Maps.png

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
21 minutes ago, fr8dog said:

Bike has been on a tender for close to two weeks. I know, stop whining. Some of you put the bikes away for months. I'm used to riding daily.

Went for a spin up to Idaho City. Temps were mid 40's starting out. Down in the 30's once I was closer to IC.

Roads were in great shape. Snow was plowed and roads were dry. Had a sandwich at the Sinclair in IC and filled up with non ethanol gas. 

I'm still amazed how good the rebuilt OEM shock is from Terry at Norwest. Gonna send my forks up to him to fix my lack of rebound adjustment problem. He'll check to see if anything else was assembled incorrectly. Maybe new seals too. 

No pics. Not much of a picture taker. The views were stunning. Crystal clear day and some snow on the peaks.

Glad the weather cooperated and you were able to get out for a ride, we had torrential rains on and off today but it should clear up Tuesday - Thursday so I hope to get out for a ride as well. 

I have heard great things about NorWest Suspension, I'm sure the forks will feel just a good as the shock when he is done.  Its such a great feeling once you get the suspension dialed in!  👍

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, betoney said:

Glad the weather cooperated and you were able to get out for a ride, we had torrential rains on and off today but it should clear up Tuesday - Thursday so I hope to get out for a ride as well. 

I have heard great things about NorWest Suspension, I'm sure the forks will feel just a good as the shock when he is done.  Its such a great feeling once you get the suspension dialed in!  👍

Terry is very good at responding to questions and has a wealth of knowledge. I'm pretty close to being dialed in. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, fr8dog said:

If I were to move anywhere it would be Boise. My company has a big campus there and it wouldn't be hard to get a transfer. How realistic is year-round riding there? 

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, keithu said:

If I were to move anywhere it would be Boise. My company has a big campus there and it wouldn't be hard to get a transfer. How realistic is year-round riding there? 

For me, year round riding isn't realistic. Could be different for you since you're in Oregon.

I don't ride in the rain, unless caught in a shower or something. I can ride in sub 40 temps, but good riding requires heading to higher elevations, which are colder. I worry about ice when heading higher up.

I haven't ventured into Oregon from here yet. Supposed to be some good roads. Just takes a while to get to the good stuff.

I think this area is ideal for a dual sport. I've thought about a T7. 

We moved here from NorCal. Winters are mild. I was 20 minutes away from 49 and good roads any way you went. I rode daily. The downside was no rain at all, bad water policies, water rationing, home prices, high taxes and a bad political environment. 

Boise home prices are skyrocketing. Not a big deal if you have equity in the one you're selling. 

The bike sat for 2 weeks recently. I can see more time on the tender until March. I ride when I can, even if it's to work or a quick ride around town. 

Hope this helps, Dan.

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, fr8dog said:

For me, year round riding isn't realistic. Could be different for you since you're in Oregon.

I don't ride in the rain, unless caught in a shower or something. I can ride in sub 40 temps, but good riding requires heading to higher elevations, which are colder. I worry about ice when heading higher up.

Yes, ice and frost are a very real concern at elevation.  Last year we were riding in your area around Labor Day - (still Summer), we stayed the night in Sun Valley and left early morning for Stanley and Grimes Pass, by the time we got to Galena Summit (almost 9,000') we were riding in dense freezing fog, literally crusting up on our helmet visors. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***