Anyone heard of Ride On tire sealant?

• Premium Member

I've used it in the past, and believe it works as advertised.  That said, I have not used it lately.  I've added TPMS to my bikes, balance my tires, and keep compressors and gummy worm plugs on the bikes.

"Slime" will do the same thing as Ride-on, and the latest formulation is supposed to be safe for use on aluminum wheels.

One complaint when using these types of sealers is the mess you get in to when changing tires.  No big deal if you are paying someone else to do it, but I mount my own tires.

4 hours ago, sirepair said:

I've used it in the past, and believe it works as advertised.  That said, I have not used it lately.  I've added TPMS to my bikes, balance my tires, and keep compressors and gummy worm plugs on the bikes.

"Slime" will do the same thing as Ride-on, and the latest formulation is supposed to be safe for use on aluminum wheels.

One complaint when using these types of sealers is the mess you get in to when changing tires.  No big deal if you are paying someone else to do it, but I mount my own tires.

Yeah, I heard about Slime but apparently the difference here is that it doesn't leave that liquid shite all over the inside of the tire. Apparently this stuff is tiny glass beads that roll around inside the tire and create enough centrifugal force that they act as a counter balance and balance any kind of wobble in the tire. 

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, N1ghtr0d said:

Apparently this stuff is tiny glass beads that roll around inside the tire and create enough centrifugal force that they act as a counter balance and balance any kind of wobble in the tire. 

Ride-on is a sealant, like Slime.  Dyna-beads are the small glass beads you are referring to.