Hello from Southern Oregon...

I have been lurking on the forum for quite while while I was researching until I was blue in the face. Finally picked up the last 2020 Tracer 900 GT in the southern OR/NorCal area yesterday. I'm sure you've all seen the same pic of the same stock bike from around the same angle, but of course to me it's currently the coolest thing around! 😂

I opted for the 2020 over waiting for the 2021 because the deals were to be had (and a bike in the garage that day). I also want to send a shameless plug for Water World Boat and Powersport in Medford, OR. Awesome group there. As the mountain pass is still covered with snow, and my trailer plans coming apart, I had to drive all around southern OR yesterday to find a U-Haul trailer to get it home, but it's finally home in the east Cascades of Southern Oregon. I am coming off of a Triumph Tiger Explorer (1215cc), and before that a Suzuki Bandit (and a Sportster and dual sport/dirt bikes before that...). I found the sport tourer blend to be exactly what I wanted, and again, blue faced from research, I knew this was the bike for me. In fact, my brother in southern WA is looking to buy one as well (he has a BMW 1100RT). I appreciate this board, I have learned a ton about this bike already... The bike still has 0 on the odo (was late and super cold by the time I got home) but today looks to be around 60 and the next few days calls for another winter storm, so as soon as the sun warms things up a bit, I'm off to get used to my new girlfriend (my wife loves when I call it that...).

Be well all, and I thank you all for the input you have given me, even indirectly, through this forum.

IMG_6179.jpg

• Like 3

• Supporting Member
39 minutes ago, JeffersonRider said:

I have been lurking on the forum for quite while while I was researching until I was blue in the face. Finally picked up the last 2020 Tracer 900 GT in the southern OR/NorCal area yesterday. I'm sure you've all seen the same pic of the same stock bike from around the same angle, but of course to me it's currently the coolest thing around! 😂

I opted for the 2020 over waiting for the 2021 because the deals were to be had (and a bike in the garage that day). I also want to send a shameless plug for Water World Boat and Powersport in Medford, OR. Awesome group there. As the mountain pass is still covered with snow, and my trailer plans coming apart, I had to drive all around southern OR yesterday to find a U-Haul trailer to get it home, but it's finally home in the east Cascades of Southern Oregon. I am coming off of a Triumph Tiger Explorer (1215cc), and before that a Suzuki Bandit (and a Sportster and dual sport/dirt bikes before that...). I found the sport tourer blend to be exactly what I wanted, and again, blue faced from research, I knew this was the bike for me. In fact, my brother in southern WA is looking to buy one as well (he has a BMW 1100RT). I appreciate this board, I have learned a ton about this bike already... The bike still has 0 on the odo (was late and super cold by the time I got home) but today looks to be around 60 and the next few days calls for another winter storm, so as soon as the sun warms things up a bit, I'm off to get used to my new girlfriend (my wife loves when I call it that...).

Be well all, and I thank you all for the input you have given me, even indirectly, through this forum.

IMG_6179.jpg

Congrats on the new bike, so many GREAT roads to explore in Oregon... and N.Ca... and Washington... and Idaho... and...

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

Looks great!  Looking forward to your adventures and photos!

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount