That sound

On 4/2/2021 at 11:18 PM, Wintersdark said:

The CP3 platform, even with the stock exhaust, sounds *incredibly* good when you get on the throttle.  It goes from angry bees to that awesome roar.  

But what really does it for me is the intake sound.  I've never had a bike where the intake was as audible as with this one.  

That sucking sound is so good. I finally solved the wind noise with a new screen and had not expected I would so much pleasure just from listening to the engine. It almost doubles the fun. If only it hadn’t start snowing again today.. 🙄

All you intake sound lovers...Have you removed the front piece of foam on the underside of the tank?

It's prescribed when doing the ECU flash. I did it, and it's a bit louder.

• Thumbsup 4

20 hours ago, peteinpa said:

All you intake sound lovers...Have you removed the front piece of foam on the underside of the tank?

It's prescribed when doing the ECU flash. I did it, and it's a bit louder.

I like it exactly as it is.. for now. 😀

On 4/6/2021 at 10:22 PM, Rovari said:

I was able to move the microphone closer to the gas tank but not up towards the front. It's got a little more depth to it now but not a huge difference. Enjoy

Exactly what I want to hear on a video.  I like listening to the engine and gear changes vs. music.  Thanks for posting this.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Supporting Member

@redfjniner - I just noticed this in your signature:  "2015 FJ-09:  100,920 m"

Are those US miles, like, you know... the long ones?  :)    

Glad to see these bikes consistently getting well into 6 digits.   I'm only 1/4 of the way there, so definitely need to get out and ride some more. 

Yes, 101,461 US miles, A small increase since I posted those numbers.  Looking  great in March on a 350 mile ride to Sweet Home and Detroit, OR.

20210313_155119[1]e.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

On 4/9/2021 at 11:48 AM, redfjniner said:

Yes, 101,461 US miles, A small increase since I posted those numbers.  Looking  great in March on a 350 mile ride to Sweet Home and Detroit, OR.

20210313_155119[1]e.jpg

Hey, what are those hand covers you've got and do you like them? There are lots of varieties and I'm thinking about that route next winter.