Pinch bolt interferes with Lightech front paddock stand

My new Lightech stand arrived today. It fits perfect, has a small footprint, is light and seems well-made but the pin can't go in on the left because of the pinch bolt. Never thought of that.. It works like this but I don't want the bolt to get damaged over time.

So I'm thinking to take the angle grinder to the new stand and make the pin small enough to just fit underneath but I'm not sure if it will still "grab" the hole that way. And it would be a shame to break it (I don't have any welding tools)

Has anyone done this or know a better solution? Thanks!

image.thumb.png.95dc0f94bdb9b6109ccfec95f19514f1.png

That looks good! Lightech offers that model as well if I'm not mistaken but I liked the simplicity of the pin system. Most importantly I can't send it back so I have to find a way to make it work.

I would be concerned about grinding down the pin on the pinch bolt side, for reasons you've mentioned. It would be tragic if the bike fell due to a slight bump, etc. If you only use the stand for tire-changing/maintenance purposes, then I would just remove the pinch bolt altogether before lifting.

But if you intend to use the stand frequently for non-maintenance reasons, then it would be a pain to remove the pinch bolt all the time. There may not be a good answer here, in that regard.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

My handy stands do that. I remove the bolt before putting her on the  stand. Then put it back in when she come down. It takes just a few seconds. Been doing this for years and never a problem. 

• Thumbsup 1

Let’s go Brandon