If an R9 came out I'd seriously consider selling the FJ09, which would leave me with a garage of a Tenere 700, CBR500R, and R9. Seems like a good mix!

But until then I'll be riding my FJ around with a smile on my face

• Thumbsup 1

I ride a Tracer 900 for the riding position. It's right on the edge of too little power for me, but I may stick with it a long time as I like the upright posture. R9 would be cool, and the longer they make our engines the longer we will get cheap parts! 

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Hmmmm, makes sense.

I've seen this custom before. I like the concept and paint scheme, but I don't like the fairing setup. There's no middle panels on the fairings and yet it has lowers. If I were designing a custom I would go the opposite way, with an upper and middle fairing and no lower. Give it a retro white/red/blue paint scheme like the old FZ750 and I'm in. Something like this:

1985_FZ750.jpg.8fb62f8c3967ea73a463ad7656d11922.jpg

• Premium Member

It's the concept not the details that interest me at this point.  Couldn't ride it anyway until I get my back fixed (hopefully and finally next month, then 2 months of recovery before I can think about riding).

I did at least start my VTR yesterday after I took the FJ out on my annual F-Day ride, albeit only 126 miles due to rain.  Later that evening we had a big storm and tornado near Napeville.