2021 Tracer 9 GT

I picked up my 2021 Tracer 9 GT yesterday and I can say with conviction it handles like a dream.

Only issue is I am having trouble figuring out how to lower the seat.

Owners manual has not been helpful in that regard as I see no “cap” to remove first ( per manual). So maybe the seat really isn’t adjustable?

Perplexed!

The cap is the rubber piece that is on the left side and it covers where you need to slip your finger in to push the lever to release the rider seat. There is a picture of what they call the cap on page 27 of the manual. 
It just pulls off. 

Edited by tclhb
Mistake

Get it. It keeps the seat from wiggling side to side. It’s a minor thing but I’d ask for it. 
That piece stays installed whether the seat is set to high or low, unlike that piece in the front that is for low position only. 

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, tclhb said:

Get it. It keeps the seat from wiggling side to side.

Really?!!!  Even on the 15 and later?

I tossed mine in a box that includes the OEM hand guards etc.

Now I gotta check!

Most I've read chucked it too?  Seems not a bearing point underneath the cross rail on the 15+.  I heard it was for theft prevention so one can't somehow stick a finger from the left side under the front saddle and pop the rear loose...

35 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Really?!!!  Even on the 15 and later?

I tossed mine in a box that includes the OEM hand guards etc.

Now I gotta check!

Most I've read chucked it too?  Seems not a bearing point underneath the cross rail on the 15+.  I heard it was for theft prevention so one can't somehow stick a finger from the left side under the front saddle and pop the rear loose...

I could be wrong. Maybe when I tried without it I had the seat installed incorrectly. I only compared once, and it was more solid with it installed. 
‘What you said sounds more logical. I probably just didn’t have the seat in right when I tried without the cap.