My first sighting of the new gen 900 GT...

It looks pretty large and imposing, especially in the very dark grey (gray) almost black matte finish (much darker than my photo in the flesh).   Thankfully Yamaha chose not to fit the much disliked (by MT-09 followers) cyclops headlight - second pic - leaving well enough alone on the GT.

P1070665.JPG

P1070666.JPG

• Thumbsup 4

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

47 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

So I guess I’ll be the one to point out that @wordsmithis back in a motorcycle dealership, looking at Yamaha triples.  Again.  :)  

Only 'coz I was nearby, and wanting to see the new GT.   Not the least interested in getting one - but thanks for the nod!

• Like 2

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

3 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

That MT09 is pretty nasty looking and not in a good way.

So say many MT-09ers from around the globe it seems.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, wordsmith said:

...wanting to see the new GT.  Not the least interested in getting one

That perfectly distills the thought process that led me to at least half of the motorcycles I've owned over the decades...   😇

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, texscottyd said:

That perfectly distills the thought process that led me to at least half of the motorcycles I've owned over the decades...   😇

Only half....?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Supporting Member

Blech, that MT-09 looks like something that should have come from Delta Force.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount