After Market Saddle bags and tie down points

• Supporting Member

Not sure if there are points that these will go on a 2020 but might offer you some ideas at least?  I've used them on my 2015 in the past to good effect.

• 8mm mounting hole
  • 10mm rise

image.png.6e0adbf64105a9895d2e4e0f785c845c.pngimage.png.e8ce38116c615cf00d2e5777701a3b7c.png

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, TomTracer said:

What soft saddlebags are you using on 2020 tracer 900gt? Has anyone added tie down/lashing options for strapping on duffles, etc?

2 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Not sure if there are points that these will go on a 2020 but might offer you some ideas at least?  I've used them on my 2015 in the past to good effect.

• 8mm mounting hole
  • 10mm rise

image.png.6e0adbf64105a9895d2e4e0f785c845c.pngimage.png.e8ce38116c615cf00d2e5777701a3b7c.png

I use the same tie down rings as @dazzler24 on my 2015 for a cargo net and bungees, not sure if the 2020 has the same bolt points on the rear?

image.png.4c8b9599999b3f5bfa6bd130abe9abda.png

image.png.4ee894fcf9be5e2bee8ab25fdf025859.png

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

13 hours ago, Butrzrulz said:

Just curious, but why soft bags instead of the factory hard bags?  Capacity?  You can easily increase capacity by changing to the the FJR "lids".

Do you happen to know a part number for the FJR lids, and what year bike? More capacity will be very beneficial vs a PITA duffle thrown across the seat. Soft bags are beneficial from being expandable usually, to scratching and breaking in something as simple as a parking lot bike drop. Thanks by the way for the suggestion.

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, TomTracer said:

Do you happen to know a part number for the FJR lids, and what year bike? More capacity will be very beneficial vs a PITA duffle thrown across the seat. Soft bags are beneficial from being expandable usually, to scratching and breaking in something as simple as a parking lot bike drop. Thanks by the way for the suggestion.

I don't know if this is the case for everyone, but I got a user manual for FJR1300 cases in my tracer GT cases.

The lid part numbers are : 5JW-W9340-0L-XX AND 5JW-W9340-0R-XX

But, for some reason, they are crazy expensive.

Edited by Butrzrulz

13 minutes ago, Butrzrulz said:

I don't know if this is the case for everyone, but I got a user manual for FJR1300 cases in my tracer GT cases.

The lid part numbers are : 5JW-W9340-0L-XX AND 5JW-W9340-0R-XX

But, for some reason, they are crazy expensive.

Hey thanks for this inf. Appreciated greatly!

I have an SW Motech luggage rack on the back, which has a solid grab handle for strapping a duffle to the pillion seat. I also use a Green Chili ADV Uprising soft rack. It offers a lot of flexibility in strapping bags to the bike. I didn't buy a GT for a few different reasons, and the factory luggage was one. I just didn't care for it. I also use the same setup on my "dual-sport" bike, so I don't have to pack any differently for my trips. 

The dry bags aren't quick access like hard saddlebags, but anything I need to access quickly goes in the top case or tank bag anyway. 

xYCZwDKCziY7RT7VHE4gHjPnKT-IfBhM2h4FWr3x

W2fTZwG_nc4s45a6QY002gXYwRUZJpa_w-XDgPev

MA6lbs8SPrkZOlQn7ZBzp7H3FM2ED69UtE-AvoS0

• Thumbsup 1