Cheap easy running lights.

Got these from ebay for less than $10.00 US. Double sided taped to my hand guards and I spliced them to a plug from another set of lights I used on another bike to plug into the auxiliary power plug. They are fairly bright. I also added reflective Red rim tape and a Blaster X taillight and a little red on the tank. I also added a reflective Yellow pinstripe on the trunk. I left it sitting out in 100 degree F heat for a couple of hours and the Yellow pinstripe wilted. You can't tell in the picture but it curled up and I will have to remove it now. It sounded like a good idea at the time.

lights2.jpg

wheel stripes 2.jpg

But you have wiring dangling up to your handguards now, why not just install some proper LED lights under the front cowl or on some engine guards, would be a very clean install and much more visible. ;) 

• Thumbsup 1

This the same setup I had on my 2015 FJ09 for the last 6 years and I never had any problems. So it works for me. As for the dangling, I hadn't secured the left wire yet when I took the photo. 

• Supporting Member
20 hours ago, ttownfj09 said:

I just received these frame sliders that I'm going to use as foot rests. They are different lengths. Anybody know which side goes where. 

If I remember correctly, the longer one gets installed on the left side as the motor is wider on that side.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Details on your frame sliders - brand and where to get them would be appreciated. If it’s not too much trouble a pic or two with them installed would be great. Any downside to them, quality, fit, etc?

I was thinking of the SW Motec ones, but if theses work as highway pegs that would be great. 

Edited by tclhb