Tracer 9 GT Issues

BVEBRAD

I recently got the Tracer 9 GT.  I'll start by saying it is a great bike.  Right now I have a little over 1200 miles on her.  I'm scheduled for my breaking maintenance on Aug 7th.

I was wondering if anyone else has one and if so are you experiencing any vibration/ buzzing noises under light acceleration and if you have been noticing any flat spots under hard throttle.  Several times now when I went to get on it the bike seems to hesitate momentarily before she takes off.  Obviously I will address these issues at the dealer.  Don't get me wrong, this is an awesome machine.

Brad
Selbyville, DE

Sound like a fuel mapping so Yamaha can pass emissions. I know that the 2020 BMW S1000RR American version has a flat spot compared to the Euro bikes.... Or at least that's what I heard. 

Also double check your modes. Sometime when I am in TCS2 and give it full throttle I can feel a cut of power. Be careful when traction control is off 

• Thumbsup 1

On 8/3/2021 at 10:46 PM, Your_Boy_Yuriy said:

Sound like a fuel mapping so Yamaha can pass emissions. I know that the 2020 BMW S1000RR American version has a flat spot compared to the Euro bikes.... Or at least that's what I heard. 

Also double check your modes. Sometime when I am in TCS2 and give it full throttle I can feel a cut of power. Be careful when traction control is off 

I think you might be on to something, I bet that is exactly what it was.  My previous bike was a 2015 FJ09 and that was basically wheely control.  Thanks for the feedback.  I'll drop it down to 1 and see if that stops it from happening.

• Thumbsup 1
Brad
Selbyville, DE

• Supporting Member

Yes, TCS2 cuts power which feels like a flat spot under hard acceleration. TCS1 will allow you to give it the beans without interference.

No vibrations like you're describing. Did you do an oil change at 600mi?

On 8/3/2021 at 3:43 PM, BVEBRAD said:

I recently got the Tracer 9 GT.  I'll start by saying it is a great bike.  Right now I have a little over 1200 miles on her.  I'm scheduled for my breaking maintenance on Aug 7th.

I was wondering if anyone else has one and if so are you experiencing any vibration/ buzzing noises under light acceleration and if you have been noticing any flat spots under hard throttle.  Several times now when I went to get on it the bike seems to hesitate momentarily before she takes off.  Obviously I will address these issues at the dealer.  Don't get me wrong, this is an awesome machine.

Update on the above, yes, it was the TCS setting at 2 that was causing the hesitation.  Once I changed it to 1 it is fine.  Thanks for the heads-up.  The vibration/buzzing is not felt through the bike, it's just heard, usually around 4k rpms.  It is sporadic at worse and nothing I'm worried about.  It will reveal itself eventually.  Just got my first service done today.  I had 1500 + on her along with my first tire puncture.  I love replacing tires that don't need replacing.  Currently running on a plug.

• Thumbsup 1
Brad
Selbyville, DE