FJ-09 ('15-'17) Seat Slope Mod

If you havent been tracking the big thread over in the Tracer channel about fixing the weird forward slope of all the '18-20 Tracers - a slope issue that applies to the FJ-09 as well! 

I wanted to bring attention to it here, as I figure a lot of FJ riders likely don't look at the Tracer 900 channel.   The Instructions and parts for the mod are listed here : https://jk3d.us/product/yamaha-tracer-900-gt-seat-slope-modification/ 

The OG thread is here : 

In the last few weeks I worked up a solution that is easy for this and simple to install, dozens of members have installed it on the Tracers, and recently a few members with the older '15-'17 FJ's installed it as well and verified it fits on those bikes as well.   I am very proud of how this solution has worked and happy to help this community!

(I am also working with some members on a T9 '21 version right now.)

Edited by Clegg78
  • Thumbsup 2

7 hours ago, timo50 said:

Yup, that is another option.  I believe mine is better in many ways though.  Mine uses rubber for the bushings to retain vibration isolation for the tank. that other kit uses hard plastic ones.  The ramp/velcro design is more stable and consistent than the sticker spacers that kit uses, and makes adjustments fast. 

also my materials are much higher end than the kit above.   I believe his is made of PETG or even worse PLA which will degrade in heat.  Mine is carbon fiber nylon PA6 that is industrial/engineering quality, and is very heat and chemical resistant.  

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
On 10/19/2021 at 11:46 AM, Clegg78 said:

If you havent been tracking the big thread over in the Tracer channel about fixing the weird forward slope of all the '18-20 Tracers - a slope issue that applies to the FJ-09 as well! 

I wanted to bring attention to it here, as I figure a lot of FJ riders likely don't look at the Tracer 900 channel.   The Instructions and parts for the mod are listed here : https://jk3d.us/product/yamaha-tracer-900-gt-seat-slope-modification/ 

The OG thread is here : 

In the last few weeks I worked up a solution that is easy for this and simple to install, dozens of members have installed it on the Tracers, and recently a few members with the older '15-'17 FJ's installed it as well and verified it fits on those bikes as well.   I am very proud of how this solution has worked and happy to help this community!

(I am also working with some members on a T9 '21 version right now.)

Received mine today. Gonna install in the morning and then ride. 

• Thumbsup 1